- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I am currently offering online sessions via Skype and FaceTime. Please don't hesitate to contact me for further details.
As a cognitive behavioural psychotherapist and EMDR Therapist, I provide in-depth assessments, formulations and treatment interventions to a range of anxiety disorders and depression.
I have worked as a therapist for the national health service (NHS) and the Health Service Executive (Ireland) for a number of years. I provide group and individual therapy in the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders, including; panic disorder, agoraphobia, health anxiety (hypochondriasis), social anxiety (phobia), trauma, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), insomnia, generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) and specific phobias. The specific phobias I work with include, emetophobia, blood-injection/injury phobia, situational phobia, animal phobia, choking phobia (etc).
I have received expert training and supervision through the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience at Kings College London. As a result of this training, I have learned new and up-to-date perspectives and approaches in the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders. I have provided therapy to a wide spectrum of clients, including older adults, children and adolescents, alongside clients with long-term health conditions and learning disabilities.
Areas of interest
I work collaboratively with clients by helping them to gain an understanding of their difficulties through the development of idiosyncratic CBT formulations, followed by bespoke treatment planning. I am deeply passionate about implementing sound evidence-based practice with clients. Working with diverse groups has emphasised for me the need to respect and value individual differences in age, sexuality, disability, gender, spirituality, race, background and culture. I adapt my practice to work flexibly with clients whilst staying true to effective evidence-based practice. I am enthusiastic about empowering individuals through client-centeredness whilst respecting confidentiality at all times.
- Xplorio: http://www.myxplorio.com
- Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree (BA hons.) in Psychology DBS, Dublin, Ireland 2010
- Master (MSc) of Science in Applied Psychology (CBT & Family Systemic) Univrsity of Ulster 2012
- Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Psychological Therapies (PgCert) University Of Reading 2015
- Postgraduate Certificate in Eye Movement and Desensitisation (EMDR) Richman EMDR Training 2019
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London 2017
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies 2018
Affiliations / memberships
EMDR Association UK and Ireland (Member)