- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I have been a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist for the past 10 years and have extensive experience of working with a wide range of mental health issues. I am also a trained Mental Health Nurse and a trained trauma therapist and I am a qualified EMDR therapist
I will work work with you to gain a shared understanding of your current difficulties and then develop a collaborative individualised treatment plan to meet your needs and help you move forward and reach your goals.
I believe that greater self awareness and self kindness are the key to positive mental health, my work fosters these approaches.
Areas of interest
Depression; Anxiety;Self Esteem; Post traumatic stress Disorder; Phobias;OCD;
I am trained in Mindfulness approaches and Acceptance and Commitment therapy which compliment my work as CBT therapist. I have a special interest in working with self esteem issues and trauma.
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
I currently work part-time for a Mental Health Charity as a clinical lead, our service works in Partnership with the NHS delivering a IAPT ( Improving Access to Psychological therapies) in Derbyshire.
I am interested in Mindfulness and Yoga which I practise regularly.
- B.A (HONS) Nursing Studies (Mental Health) Shefield Hallam University 1992
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Derby University 2009
- EMDR Level 1,2 and 3 EMDR Extra, EMDR Europe 2014
- Mindfulness teacher training (IAPT) Oxford Mindfulness centre 2018
Affiliations / memberships
EMDR Association UK and Ireland