- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Dr Carrie McCrea-Routray completed her medical training at the University of Edinburgh in 2004 and before completing GP training and gaining further qualifications in child health, women’s and sexual health. Carrie then completed training in Sports and Exercise medicine which is a field she has worked in for 12 years.
Carrie has a broad range of experience of working with high performance and development athletes throughout Scotland and has special interests in mental health in sport and female athlete issues.
Carrie also continues to work in the NHS as a musculoskeletal medicine physician within the Orthopaedic department.
Carrie is a founding member of the Joint Solutions team at the Edinburgh Clinic which is a fully integrated orthopaedic, sports medicine and injury rehabilitation service offering rapid access, diagnosis and management.
Areas of interest
sports injuries; musculoskeletal injuries; overuse injuries; soft tissue injections; tendinopathy; high-performance sport; concussion; female athlete health; athlete psychological health/mental health;PRP; injury prevention; yoga sports medicine: rehabilitation; exercise prescription
- Kimberley Cameron
- Laurison Buildings Edinburgh EH3 9EN
- MBChB Edinburgh University 2004
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2008
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) Royal College of General Practice 2009
- Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DRCOG) Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2008
- Diploma of Child Health (DCH) Royal College of Paediatrics 2011
- Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH) Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare 2012
- Diploma of Sports and Exercise Medicine (DipSEM) Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine 2013
- Member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (MFSEM) Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine 2013
- Fellow fo the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (FFSEM) Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine 2019
Reference number 6097359
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sports and Exercise Medicine, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- 40 Colinton RoadEDINBURGHEH10 5BT
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 0131 447 2340
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.