- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist, an EMDR Therapist and a Registered BACP Counsellor.
I work in a variety of settings as an Affiliate Therapist, in private practice and undertake some work for a local charity.
I also have a special interest in Sleep and having trained as a Sleep Practitioner in 2010, offering 1:1 therapy, help for families and deliver training on sleep.
Areas of interest
Trauma; PTSD; Panic Disorder; Social Anxiety; OCD; Sleep Problems; Bereavement; GAD.
I treat clients from 16 years upwards; I also work with families and children specifically on sleep problems for children over 3 years of age, with or without additional needs.
Therapeutic approaches are CBT, EMDR, Compassion Focused Therapy, Person Centred Counselling.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Psychological Therapist, Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Post Graduate Diploma In Public Service Management University of Birmingham 1999
- BA Honours in Sociology University of Central England 1993
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Staffordshire University 2014
- Advanced Diploma In Counselling South Staffordshire College 2009
- Sleep Practitioner Training Sleep Scotland 2010
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy The Compassionate Mind Foundation 2019
- EMDR Levels 1-3 EMDR Extra 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Registered Member EMDR Association of U.K. & Ireland 2016
- Registered Member BACP 2015
- BABCP Accreditation BABCP 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Member of BABCP, BACP, EMDR Association