- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist, an EMDR Therapist and a Registered BACP Counsellor.
I work in a variety of settings as an Affiliate Therapist, in private practice and undertake some work for a local charity.
I also have a special interest in Sleep and having trained as a Sleep Practitioner in 2010, offering 1:1 therapy, help for families and deliver training on sleep.
Areas of interest
Trauma; PTSD; Panic Disorder; Social Anxiety; OCD; Sleep Problems; Bereavement; GAD.
I treat clients from 16 years upwards; I also work with families and children specifically on sleep problems for children over 3 years of age, with or without additional needs.
Therapeutic approaches are CBT, EMDR, Compassion Focused Therapy, Person Centred Counselling.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Staffordshire University 2014
- Post Graduate Diploma In Public Service Management University of Birmingham 1999
- BA Honours in Sociology University of Central England 1993
- Advanced Diploma In Counselling South Staffordshire College 2009
- EMDR Levels 1-3 EMDR Extra 2016
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy The Compassionate Mind Foundation 2019
- Sleep Practitioner Training Sleep Scotland 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BABCP Accreditation BABCP 2014
- Registered Member BACP 2015
- Registered Member EMDR Association of U.K. & Ireland 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Member of BABCP, BACP, EMDR Association