- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Emma is an Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, with the BABCP, and an EMDR Therapist. She has a background in mental health nursing and over 22 years of experience of working with psychological and emotional difficulties. Her work and experience extends across a wide range of individual and group treatments working with issues of varying complexity from mild to severe. Emma has worked for many years at the Priory Hospital Chelmsford as an Eating Disorder Specialist, CBT and EMDR Therapist. She also has a private practice in Maldon and Halstead.
Emma specialises in the following:
PTSD, including complex trauma
Emma regularly attends various other professional training, in line with her professional body, and has attended courses in Compassion Focused Therapy.
Areas of interest
Anxiety disorders; Mood disorders; Eating Disorders; OCD; Trauma and PTSD
Age 18 +
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Registered Mental Health Nurse King's College London 1999
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies King's College London 1999
- Post Graduate Diploma in CBT Anglia Ruskin University 2013
- EMDR (parts 1-3) Richman EMDR Training 2017
- Care and Understanding of Eating Disorders Anglia Polytechnic University 2002
- Certificate in Professional Studies (Counselling) Anglia Polytechnic University 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
EMDR Association UK and Ireland
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.