- Fee assured
- Verified this account
* Award winning Fellowship trained Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Specialist
* Partial knee replacement, Total knee replacement
* Total hip replacement – cemented / uncemented
* Revision Total hip replacement
* Robotic Joint Replacement
Mr Joseph is an award winning fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee joint replacements including revision hip replacements.
Mr Joseph undertook undergraduate training at the University of Glasgow Medical School. During this, he undertook a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Medicine from which he graduated with Honours, BSc.Med.Sci(Hon). Following completion of his medical school training, he was awarded a commendation for his performance, MBChB(comm).
After University, Mr Joseph undertook postgraduate training in the West of Scotland. In 2012, he was awarded the Arthur Edward Burton Memorial Award for attaining the highest mark in the FRCS written exam (Part I). He was subsequently awarded the FRCS (Tr & Orth) in 2013 and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
After completing his Orthopaedic registrar training, Mr Joseph undertook a fellowship in complex hip and knee arthroplasty (replacements), including revision arthroplasty, in University of Wirral Hospitals NHS Trust. During this, he gained expertise in all forms of primary and revision hip and knee replacement. He has also undertaken fellowship training in complex trauma in the UK at University Hospital Coventry and Warwick Major Trauma Centre, and a travelling fellowship to Tygerberg Hospital, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa. For his travelling fellowship he received prestigious fellowship awards from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the West of Scotland Orthopaedic Research Society.
Mr Joseph has been a Consultant at Royal Alexandra Hospital since 08/2015. His elective practise is solely hip and knee replacement. He currently performs all revision hip replacements for the department and also undertakes complex primary hip and knee replacements on a regular basis. In addition to joint replacement, he has an interest in complex trauma of the upper and lower limbs and he has a separate complex trauma list in which he regularly performs these operations.
Areas of interest
Total hip replacement; Total knee replacement; Partial knee replacement; Robotic joint replacement; Revision hip replacement; osteoarthritis; hip; knee; pain; stiffness; osteoarthritis; rheumatoid arthritis; inflammatory arthritis; joint problems;
- Medical Secretary
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal Alexandra Hospital
Dual Mobility Hip Replacements
Partial Knee Replacement
Various Trauma interests
Arthur Edward Burton Memorial Medal (Highest mark for FRCS Part I 2011)
MBChB (comm) - Commendation for medical degree
- MBChB (comm) University of Glasgow 2004
- B.Sc.Med.Sci (hon) University of Glasgow 2001
- FRCS Tr & Orth (glas) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2012
- Travelling Fellowship in Trauma Tygerberg Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa 2014
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship Arrowe Park Hospital 2014
- Trauma Fellowship University Hospital Coventry and Warwick 2015
Reference number 6101233
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2019
- Member Orthopaedic Trauma Society 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, 2014
- 25 Beaconsfield RoadGLASGOWG12 0PJ
- 10:00 - 11:00
- 0800 616 267
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr Jibu Joseph
0800 616 267