- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and a member of The British Psychological Society (BPS).
I believe in therapy being client-centred and work with each person to help develop an understanding of current difficulties to identify goals and promote psychological wellbeing. I tend to vary the approach I use therapeutically, being guided both by the evidence base but most importantly in collaboration with you.
Approaches used are Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy and Mindfulness.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; depression; relational difficulties; self-esteem; motivation and goal achievement; adjustment to illness;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Neurological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Psychologist at the Head Injury Therapy Unit in Bristol.
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology University of Exeter 2018
- First Class honour degree Psychology University of the West of England 2011
- Compassion Focused Therapy Contextual Consulting 2018
- EMDR level 1 Sandi Richman training 2019
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society
Health Care Professionals Council
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.