- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 25 Jun 2020
- General urology
- Urological oncology
Mr Hussain M. Alnajjar is a Consultant Urological Surgeon and Andrologist at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust.
Having completed pre-clinical medicine at St Andrews University in Scotland, he went on to University College London Medical School (UCL) for clinical medicine and later gained a Master of Surgery degree in Urology with distinction at the University of Edinburgh during his training. He is a fellow at both the Royal College of Surgeons of England FRCS (Uro) and the European Board of Urology (FEBU). He underwent surgical training in various London Hospitals, including The Royal Marsden Hospital. His higher surgical training covered all aspects of Urology at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals.
He completed his advanced fellowship in surgical Andrology and genito-urethral oncology at the leading specialist Andrology unit at University College London Hospitals. Mr Alnajjar has won a number of awards and prizes for his work, including a prize from The Royal Society of Medicine.
Mr Alnajjar has published widely in a number of high impact factor peer-reviewed medical journals and is actively involved in research into his field. He has extensively presented at national and international conferences including being an invited speaker at international conferences. He has written numerous book chapters including a chapter in the Oxford Handbook of Urology and has co-authored a book within the field of Andrology.
He enjoys mentoring and training and is a tutor for the MCh (Urol) Master's degree course for the Andrology module. He is also a faculty member & examiner for the FRCS (Urol) revision course.
Areas of interest
Managing general urological conditions and diagnostic urology services. He has specialist interest in male factor infertility and vasectomy reversal, erectile dysfunction and penile prosthesis surgery, Peyronie's disease and its surgical correction, genito-urethral oncology, oncoplastic reconstruction, lower urinary tract symptoms and testicular cancer. He also manages men with all testicular conditions, hypogonadism and pelvic pain disorders.
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Hussain Alnajjar has worked with Dr Marco Scaramuzzi at the following hospitals:
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital (1-5)
- Doctify: https://www.doctify.co.uk/specialist/mr_hussain_alnajjar
- 25 Harley Street: https://www.25harleystreet.co.uk/specialist/mr-hussain-alnajjar/
- The Harley Street Clinic: https://www.hcahealthcare.co.uk/consultants/a/alnajjar-hussain
- London Bridge Hospital: https://www.hcahealthcare.co.uk/consultants/a/alnajjar-hussain
- BUPA Cromwell Hospital: https://www.bupacromwellhospital.com/find-a-consultant/hussain-alnajjar-consultant-urological-surgeon-and-andrologist/
- University College London Hospitals NHS Trust: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/OurServices/Consultants/Pages/HussainMAlnajjar.aspx
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon & Andrologist at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Erectile dysfunction, male Infertility, Peyronie's disease, priapism, penile cancer and reconstruction, testicular cancer, management of testicular conditions.
Travelling and Music
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
- Persian (Farsi) - Native or bilingual
- BSc in Medical Science University of St Andrews, Scotland 2002
- MBBS University College London (UCL) 2005
- MRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- ChM (Urol) Distinction University of Edinburgh 2015
- FRCS (Urol) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2016
- FEBU European Board of Urology 2017
- Advanced Fellowship in Surgical Andrology University College London Hospitals NHS Trust 2017
Reference number 6129857
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of the Scientific Committee European Society of Sexual Medicine 2020
- Member of the Scientific Committee Middle Eastern Society of Sexual Medicine 2020
- Andrology Section- Executive Committee Member British Association of Urological Surgeons 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons
European Association of Urology
Medical Defence Union
The Royal College of Surgeons of England
General Medical Council
European Society for Sexual Medicine
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details