- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Inflammatory bowel disease
We are keen to provide a patients focused individualised gastroenterology service from WVH. I have special interest for advance diagnoses and therapeutic endoscopy , endoscopic ultrasound and helping patients with gastrointestinal disease.
in this difficult time of Covid-19 pandemic we are happy to provide video consultation in patient friendly hours.
Areas of interest
• Altered bowel habits
• Rectal bleeding
• Abdominal pain
• Weight loss
• Heartburn and reflux disease (Gastro-oesophageal reflux)
• Swallowing problems (dysphagia)
• Painful swallowing (odynophagia)
• Barrett's Oesophagus
• Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
• Ulcerative colitis
• Irritable bowel syndrome; IBS
• Coeliac disease
• Liver disease, Hepatology, Abnormal liver function tests; Jaundice, Alcoholic liver disease; Cirrhosis, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Fatty liver
• Autoimmune liver diseases
• Biliary and pancreatic diseases, biliary stones, Bile duct narrowing (strictures)
• Pancreatic cancer
• Liver cancer
• Stomach cancer
• Oesophagus cancer
• Gastric ulcer
• Duodenal ulcer
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Endoscopist and Gastroenterologist - North Middlesex University Hospital & West Valley Hospital Ramsay health care
- Awarded M.D following submission of the thesis‘ Colorectal adenoma surveillance in NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme are we doing the wright practise’ with Durham University.
- Awarded M.D following submission of a thesis entitled “Pulmonary Changes in Chronic Arsenicosis’’
- Performed a short term Research entitled “Medico legal Study of Railway Fatalities” approved & funded by the Indian Council of Medical Research in 1994.
Advanced diagnostic and interventional endoscopic procedures including EUS
Training in ERCP and therapeutic endoscopy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Bengali - Fluent
1) Safety and efficacy of self-expandable metal stents for obstructive proximal and distal large bowel cancer: experience from a district general hospital, Dr. Vikramjit Mitra, Dr. Maxworth Hu, Dr. Debasis Majumdar, et al, Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (Accepted for publication, January 2017).
2) Comparison of the diagnostic performance of 2 core biopsy needles for EUS-guided tissue acquisition from solid pancreatic lesions. Manu K. Nayar, Bharat Paranandi, Muhammad F. Dawwas, John S.Leeds, Antony Darne, Beate Haugk, Debasis Majumdar, et al, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Article in press, December 2016)
3) Reported adverse clinical incidents in a district general hospital. Lessons to be learnt? M Macauley, D Majumar, B Chaudhury. The Online Journal of Clinical Audit, Vol 2, No:4, 2010.
4) Pulmonary Involvement in Chronic Arsenic Poisoning from Drinking Contaminated Ground- water; BK De, D Majumdar, S.Sen, et al, Journal of The Association of Physicians of India,2004;52:395-400.
5) Management of the Budd-Chiari syndrome by ballon cavoplasty; BK De, PK Biswas, S Sen, D Das, SK Mandal, D Majumdar, Indian Journal of Gastroenteology,2001;20:151-154.
6) Hepatopulmonary Syndrome in Inferior Vena Cava Obstruction Responding to Cavoplasty; BK De, S Sen, PK Biswas, R Sanyal, D Majumdar et al, Gastroenterology 2000;118:192- 196.
7) Acute and 7-day portal pressure response to carvediliol and propranolol in cirrhotics; BK De, D Das, S Sen, PK Biswas, SK Mandal, D Majumdar et al, Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2002;17:183-189.
Courses offered to GPs
Upcoming July GP talk with West Valley Hospital -
- M.B.B.S (Hons) University of Calcuutta 1996
- M.D (Internal Medicine) Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta 2002
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians UK 2019
- M.D (Doctor of Medicine) Durham University 2018
- Endoscopy Research Fellow North Tees University Hospital 2010
- Pancreato-Biliary Fellow Freeman Hospital 2014
Reference number 6088968
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- National Teaching Faculty Northern School of Endoscopy 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Gastroenterology & Internal Medicine, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gastroenterology
European society of gastrointestinal endoscopy
British Medical Association
- West Valley Hospital - Ramsay
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 020 3946 0015
- West Valley Hospital - Ramsay
- 10:00 - 15:00
- 020 3946 0015
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
West Valley Hospital - Secretary 02039460015
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: doctordebasis