- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
I am a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon with special interests in Colorectal cancers and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
I qualified from King’s College London in 2003. I have completed extensive surgical training in Northern Ireland, London and internationally in Western Australia before being appointed a Consultant Surgeon at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
My surgical practice involves assessing and treating patients with colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, abdominal hernias and perianal conditions including haemorrhoids and fistulas. I offer both open and minimally invasive (laparoscopic/key-hole) surgery.
I welcome all general surgical referrals and in particular for conditions relating to gastrointestinal and perianal conditions like perianal pain, bleeding, change in bowel habit (constipation/diarrhoea), incontinence and abdominal pain. I also accept referrals for Upper GI Endoscopy (OGD) and Colonoscopy to investigate gastro-intestinal symptoms.
Areas of interest
Colorectal Cancer; Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Crohn's; Ulcerative Colitis; Gastro-intestinal tract (surgery); Laparoscopic surgery; Abdominal wall hernia; Anal Fissure; Anal Fistula; Haemorrhoids; THD; Upper GI Endoscopy (OGD); Colonoscopy
- Tracy Butler
- Belfast City Hospital 51 Lisburn Road Belfast BT9 7AB
- 028 9504 4624
- 07760 114682
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David McNamee Fee Assured
- Dr Gareth Allen Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon
Belfast Health & Social Care Trust
Elective major surgery at Belfast City Hospital
Emergency surgery at Royal Victoria Hospital
Endoscopy (OGD & Colonoscopy) at Belfast City Hospital, Royal Victoria Hospital and Lagan Valley Hospital
- MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery King's College London 2003
- MRCS - Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of England 2006
- Master of Science with Distinction in Surgical Technology Imperial College London 2011
- FRCS - Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- Australian Colorectal Fellowship Fremantle Hospital, Western Australia 2014
Reference number 6077119
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialist Register with Licence to Practice General Medical Council 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACPGBI)
Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPHRA)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.