- Fee assured
- Verified account
Kelly graduated in Medicine with honours from the University of Southampton in 2005. She undertook Ophthalmology training in the Wessex Ophthalmology rotation, which included a period of specialist training in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Southampton General Hospital, followed by a Fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Kelly currently works as a Consultant Ophthalmologist at East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, specialising in Paediatric Ophthalmology, paediatric and adult squint, and cataract surgery.
General ophthalmology interests include management of routine glaucoma and retinal conditions, and anterior surface disease such as dry eye and allergic eye disease. She also performs routine oculoplastic surgery such as removal of lid lumps and bumps and other minor lid surgery such as lid tightening and blepharoplasty.
Kelly has presented at National and International meetings, including BIPOSA British Isles Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association and ESCRS European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
Kelly is engaged in education and training of new ophthalmology trainees, taking the role of College Tutor for the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Deanery.
Kelly is a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and was awarded her certificate of completion of training CCT by the GMC in 2017. Kelly can be found on the GMCs specialist register for Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
Areas of interest
All aspects of paediatric ophthalmology (including newborn); paediatric and adult strabismus (squint); cataract surgery; minor oculoplastic surgery.
- Kelly Weston
- Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital Stirling Road Surrey Research Park Guildford GU2 7RF
- 07930 518131
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Barbara M Bray Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare Trust:
East Surrey Hospital
Clinical Excellence Award 2018/2019
- Bachelor of Science University of Southampton 2000
- Bachelor of Medicine University of Southampton 2005
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2017
- Kelly Weston Great Ormond Street Hospital 2016
Reference number 6139456
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2019
- College Tutor SASH 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Addition to GMC Specialist Register for Ophthalmology, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
- Povey Cross Road, Hookwood, Horley, RH6 0BB
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 07767 866157
- Stirling Road GUILDFORD GU2 7RF
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 07767 866157
Post treatment communication
Miss Kelly Weston