- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Speers graduated from University of Aberdeen in 2010 and completed his post graduate training in Northern Ireland in 2014, and higher specialist training in Sport and Exercise Medicine in the West Midlands in 2018, at Centres of Excellence such as the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham.
He is a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine working at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, University Hospitals Oxford Foundation Trust.
He is a Member of the Royal College of Physicians and the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine.
Dr Speers currently works as a Doctor within elite sport with Aston Villa Football Club and Wasps Rugby. He is the Chief Medical Officer of British Universities and Colleges Sport.
He has a wealth of elite sport experience at major European and World competitions including European Championships Glasgow 2018, travelling with Team GBR at the World University Games in Chinese Taipei in 2017 and the European Aquatics Championships in London 2016.
Areas of interest
Sport and Exercise Medicine; Musculoskeletal Injury Diagnosis, Management and Rehabilitation; Sport Injuries; Sport Injury Diagnosis; Sport Injury Rehabilitation; Exercise Medicine; Musculoskeletal Diagnostic Ultrasound; Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Guided Injection Intervention; Extracorporeal shockwave therapy; viscosupplementation; Tendinopathy; Tendonitis; Stress fractures; Running injuries; Hip disorders; Groin disorders; Knee pain; Shin splints; Achilles tendon; Ankle pain; Tennis elbow; Elbow pain; Back pain; outh sport; Physical activity; Concussion
Current NHS consultant posts held
Locum Consultant Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, University Hospitals of Oxford Foundation Trust.
- Bsc (Hons) Sports Science University of Aberdeen 2009
- MBChB University of Aberdeen 2010
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians 2013
- Membership of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Royal College of Physicians 2016
- Post Graduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound University of East London 2017
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2018
- Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport RFU (Rugby Football Union) 2018
- The FA Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid Course The Football Association 2016
- Physical Activity Clinical Champion Public Health England 2016
Reference number 7039172
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2018
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine