- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
I am a consultant gynaecologist at the East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust. I was one of a handful of gynaecologists in the country who accomplished the Advanced Laparoscopy Training certified by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) and I lead the nationally accredited endometriosis service at Lister Hospital, Stevenage. I have published widely in the field of minimal access surgery and remain an active member of the training subcommittee for the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE). I regularly train general gynaecologists at surgical courses nationally as faculty member.
In addition to general gynaecology, I subspecialise in Endometriosis and Benign Gynaecology. I believe that just because women have the condition, it doesn’t mean they have to suffer with it. This also means I am an expert in hormone medication use including contraceptives and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). I offer a tailored approach to the treatment of my patients depending on their individual circumstances.
Areas of interest
Gynaecology, Endometriosis; Severe Endometriosis; Fibroids; Subfertility; Infertility; Pelvic Pain; Gynaecological Pain; Dyspareunia; Painful Sex; Fallopian Tube Surgery; Tubal Surgery; Ovarian Cyst; PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome); Contraception; Heavy Periods; Heavy Bleeding; Menorrhagia; Painful Periods; Period Problems; Vaginal Discharge; Vaginal Infections; Minimal Access Surgery; Minimally Invasive (Key Hole) Surgery; Laparoscopy; Gynaecological Endoscopy; Hysteroscopy; Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI); Laparoscopic Hysterectomy; Endometrial Ablation; Endometrial Resection; Fibroid Resection; Myomectomy; Menopause; Menopausal problems; Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT); Postmenopausal Bleeding; Uro-Gynaecology; Prolapse; Vulval Disorders; Vulval Skin Conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Lister Hospital, Stevenage,
and Hertford County Hospital, Hertford,
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Chinese - Native or bilingual
- Cantonese - Fluent
- Malay - Conversational
- DFSRH Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health 2011
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2013
- BM Southampton University 2007
- ATSM Advanced Laparoscopy Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) 2017
- ATSM Benign Abdominal Surgery Open and Laparoscopic Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) 2017
- Ultrasound in Early Pregnancy Complications Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) 2017
- Ultrasound in Early Pregnancy Dating Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) 2017
Reference number 6149877
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Training Subcommittee British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE)
American Association of Gynecological Laproscopist (AAGL)
- One Hatfield Hospital3 Hatfield...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01707 443333
- Pinehill HospitalBenslow LaneHitchinSG4 9QZ
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01462 323645
- Spire Harpenden HospitalAmbrose...
- 14:00 - 20:00
- 01582 763191
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details