- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 8 Jun 2020
- Lower GI surgery
Mr Aravindan Narayanan is a Consultant Laparoscopic, General and Colorectal Surgeon at George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust, Warwickshire, appointed in 2016. He is the Lead Surgeon for Inflammatory Bowel Disease for George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
Mr Narayanan was a Gold Medallist at Final MBBS and has several peer-reviewed publications and presentations in general and colorectal surgery. Prior to his NHS consultant appointment, Mr Narayanan undertook a laparoscopic Colorectal Fellowship with Mr Reay-Jones at Lister Hospital, East & North Herts NHS Trust.
Mr Narayanan is an examiner at Warwick University Medical School and a JAG-accredited colonoscopy trainer, having extensive experience in diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy. He regularly performs endoscopy in the NHS, Spire Parkway Hospital and The BMI Meriden Hospital.
Mr. Narayanan performs all types of general surgical and colorectal procedures, herniae repair (open and laparoscopic), laparoscopic/open cholecystectomy and excision of skin lesions.
Areas of interest
JAG Accredited Endoscopist;
Hernias, including inguinal hernia; Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair; Laparoscopic umbilical hernia repair; Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); Gallstones; Laparoscopic cholecystectomy; Gastro-intestinal tract (surgery); Coloproctology; Colorectal disease (lower GI); Colorectal surgery (lower GI); Abdominal pain; Prolapse surgery;Laparoscopic suture rectopexy; Haemorrhoids ("piles");HALO procedure for haemorrhoids; Rafaelo procedure for haemorrhoids; Rectal bleeding; Endoscopic procedures; Colonoscopy including polypectomy; Sigmoidoscopy; Fissures / fistulas; Rectal cancer; Colon cancer; Colorectal (bowel) cancer; Ileostomy closure; Surgery for inflammatory bowel disease; Investigation of abdominal pain and bowel problems;Skin lesions (lumps and bumps).
- Kelle Trivett
- Spire Parkway Hospital 1 Damson Parkway Solihull B91 2PP
- 0121 704 7622
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Seetharama Dinesh Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General, Laparoscopic & Colorectal Surgeon
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
College St, Nuneaton CV10 7DJ
I am a keen badminton player. I am involved in many charitable projects and enjoy spending time with my family and travelling
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Intercollegiate FRCS in General Surgery Royal College of Surgeons 2009
- Diplomate of National Board in General Surgery The National Board, India 2000
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2000
- M.S. General Surgery Stanley Medical College, India 1999
- MB BS Madras Medical College, India 1996
- JAG Accredited Colonoscopist JAG (British Society of Gastroenterology) 2015
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Fellow Mr N. Reay- Jones, East & North Herts NHS Trust 2015
Reference number 5185658
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner for Warwick Medical School Warwick Medical School 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Asociation of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
British Medical Association
Medical Defence Union
- BMI The Meriden Hospital, University Hospital...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 024 7664 7000
- Spire Parkway Hospital, 1 Damson...
- 16:00 - 19:00
- 0121 704 1451
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.