- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a Consultant Paediatrician at East and North Herts NHS Trust. I am the Lead for the Paediatric Haematology service and the Deputy Lead for the Paediatric Oncology service. I am also the Clinical Governance Lead for the acute Paediatric service and Lead for UCLH medical students.
Areas of interest
anaemia, recurrent cough, poor weight gain, abdominal pain, headache, newborn feeding issues, constipation, other general paediatric problems.
- Jodie Hamer
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatrician at East and North Herts NHS Trust. I am the Lead for the Paediatric Haematology service and the Deputy Lead for the Paediatric Oncology service. I am also the Clinical Governance Lead for the acute Paediatric service and deputy lead for UCLH medical students.
Principal investigator for Childhood ITP study
I enjoy family time, travelling and learning new cultures.
Distinction in MSc Paediatrics at Imperial College London, distinction holder throughout medical and post-graduate education.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Conversational
1. Macrophage Activation Syndrome: Experience from a tertiary referral centre, The Journal of the Association of the Physicians of India, 2007; 55, 185-187.
L Pinto, F Kagalwala, S Singh, C Balakrishnan, SV Prabhu, S Khodaiji
2. An infant with respiratory distress; BMJ 2010; 340 :c2155
J. Canlas, A. Ayubi, F. Kagalwala, R. Prasad, J. Rawal
3. Vitamin D levels in children and adolescents with cancer, Arch Dis Child 2014;99:Suppl 1 A104 Published Online First: 7 April 2014 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-306237.238
J. Ryan, F. Kagalwala, A. Shankar, C. Brain
4. Improving the efficiency of procedure lists in paediatric haematology-oncology - a quality improvement project Arch Dis Child 2015;100:Suppl 3 A239-A240 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2015-308599.492
F Kagalwala, H Salam, V Grandage, H Burgess, L Brown
Courses offered to GPs
1. Childhood abdominal pain
2. Approach to childhood anaemia
3. Constipation in children
- MBBS Mumbai University 2001
- DCH College of Physicians and Surgeons of Mumbai 2004
- MD (Paediatrics) Mumbai University 2005
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2006
- MSc (Advanced Paediatrics) Imperial College London 2015
Reference number 6112439
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Member of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Member of Sickle and Thalassemia Society UK, Indian Academy of Paediatrics.
- Sudbury Hill HARROW HA1 3RX
- 11:30 - 13:30
- 07813 048317
- Sudbury HillHARROWHA1 3RX
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 07813 048317
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Fatima Kagalwala, 07813048317