- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I completed my training in Higher Specialist Training in Orthopaedics from the West Midlands Orthopaedic Training Programme in 2010.
I then completed two fellowships in my area of subspeciality interest.
The first of these was a one year prestigious Cavendish lower limb arthroplasty Fellowship at Sheffield Teaching Hospital.
This was followed by a pelvis and acetabular reconstruction Fellowship at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham until 2012.
I was appointed as a Consultant Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeon at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham in 2013.
My expertise includes Total Hip arthroplasty, Complex Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma, Complex Lower limb Trauma and Periposthetic fractures.
I provide a tertiary regional service for the West Midlands region in Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham Major Trauma Centre.
I have an ardent interest in teaching and obtained my Postgraduate Certificate in Education for Health Professionals( PGCE) from the University of Birmingham.
I am Consultant Trainer recognised by the GMC for specialist training for the West Midlands Orthopaedic Specialist Training Programme.
I am a Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Birmingham.
I regularly teach undergraduate medical students and am a Senior Academy Tutor for the 5th year Undergraduate Medical Students at the University of Birmingham.
Areas of interest
Total Hip Replacement Arthroplasty; Complex Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma; Complex Lower Limb Trauma; Periposthetic fracture treatment
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
University Hospital Birmingham NHS foundation Trust
John Fitton Prize for Best Research
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Conversational
- AFRCS Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 2002
- PGCE for Health Professionals Univeristy of Birmingham 2009
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy Higher Edcuation Academy, York 2010
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Intercollegiate Board of the Royal College of Surgeons 2008
- MBBS Madras Medical College, India 1996
- Cavendish Fellowship in Lower limb Arthroplasty Northern General Hospital, Sheffield 2011
- Fellowship in Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham 2012
Reference number 4760612
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.