- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Refractive surgery
Alex is a Consultant Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
He specialises in all methods of vision correction including refractive cataract surgery with advanced technology premium lens, laser assisted cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery and implantable contact lenses.
He has 20 years of experience of eye surgery and has fellowship training in cataract, cornea, refractive surgery and glaucoma.
During his training at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Alex was ranked no.2 globally for top eye surgeons under the age of 40 by The Ophthalmologist.
Mr Alex Day is fee assured for BUPA cataract surgery. This means the cost of standard cataract surgery using a monofocal intraocular lens is covered. Premium intraocular lens such as multifocal IOLs or extended depth of focus IOLs are not covered and the additional cost of these cannot be paid for separately as Mr Alex Day is fee assured.
Areas of interest
• Cataract Surgery: Micro Incision Cataract Surgery After Previous Laser Eye Surgery, Phacoemulsification, Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery; Complex Cataract Surgery, Toric and Enhanced Depth of Focus (EDOF) Lens Implants To Maximise Spectacle Independence, YAG Laser Capsulotomy for Posterior Capsule Opacification (Often Termed Secondary Cataract).
• External Eye Disease Including Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK) for Recurrent Corneal Erosion Syndrome and Corneal Epithelial Basement Membrane Dystrophy. Pterygium Excision With Conjunctival Autograft.
- Alexander Day Private Patients
- Moorfields Private Outpatient Centre 7-9 Bath Street London EC1V 9LF
- 020 7100 5468
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Sandip Amin Not Fee Assured
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nhs.uk/profiles/consultant/6027035
Reference number 6027035