- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Head & neck oncology
Mr Fishman is an experienced NHS Consultant ENT Surgeon at the internationally renowned Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
He graduated with a Triple First Class Honours Degree in Pre-Clinical Medicine from the University of Cambridge and completed his clinical training at the University of Oxford.
Mr Fishman has over a decade of experience in the field of ENT. He undertook formal ENT training in a number of prestigious university teaching hospital ENT centres of excellence in both Oxford and London, including the Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital, the Royal Marsden and Imperial College Healthcare and was therefore exposed to a wide range of advanced sub-specialties. During his training he was awarded a PhD from University College London and he undertook fellowships in the USA.
He has received numerous awards, grants, prizes and research fellowships and has published widely in the field of ENT. He has lectured both nationally and internationally and has organised and chaired sessions at National, European and International meetings. He is Senior Editor for the Journal of Laryngology & Otology, a current leading UK ENT journal, established in 1887, thereby keeping him up-to-date with the latest developments in ENT.
Mr Fishman consults both adult and paediatric patients, with a wide range of ENT conditions. His priority is to deliver a high quality patient-centred service, working to ensure that patients have an excellent healthcare experience by focusing on clinical excellence, safety and effectiveness.
Areas of interest
Full range of Adult and Paediatric ENT.
- PA to Mr Jonathan Fishman
- 07881 855961
Video and telephone consultations
- Offers video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT Surgeon
The Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Fishman has published widely in the field of ENT and is a Clinical Lecturer at University College London. He has lectured both nationally and internationally and has organised and chaired sessions at National, European and International meetings. He is Senior Editor for the Journal of Laryngology & Otology, a current leading UK ENT journal, established in 1887, thereby keeping him up-to-date with the latest developments in ENT.
Mr Fishman has received numerous awards, grants, prizes and research fellowships, including:
Tatum Dissection Prize, 2016
Academy of Medical Sciences Research Grant, 2015
David Howard Laryngology prize, 2014
The Royal Society of Medicine “Trainee of the Year Award", 2012 - this prestigious prize is awarded nationally across all medical and surgical specialties
MRC Centenary Award, 2012
Royal Society of Medicine Laryngology & Rhinology Section Research Prize, 2012
Mr Fishman has published widely within the field of ENT in leading UK and International ENT and scientific journals (e.g. BMJ, Journal of Laryngology & Otology, Laryngoscope, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA etc). He is author of six undergraduate and postgraduate medical textbooks and has written numerous textbook chapters.
For a complete, up-to-date list please visit:
Courses offered to GPs
Mr Fishman provides frequent talks and seminars to GPs.
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) - Fellow of the The Royal College of Surgeons of England The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2016
- PhD University College London 2013
- DOHNS - Diploma in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2007
- MRCS - Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2007
- BM BCh (Oxon) University of Oxford (St John's College) 2004
- MA (Cantab) University of Cambridge (Sidney Sussex College) 2001
Reference number 6102248
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialist Adviser to the Interventional Procedures Programme NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) 2019
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2019
- Member ENT UK 2019
- Elected Council Member British Laryngological Association 2019
- Council Member and Trustee British Voice Association 2019
- Executive Council Member and Scientific Committee Member European Laryngological Society 2019
- Senior Editor The Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Otolaryngology, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
The Royal Society of Medicine
British Laryngological Association – Council Member
British Voice Association – Council Member
European Laryngological Society – Executive Council Member and Scientific Committee Member
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.