- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Video and telephone consultations
With over 14 years experience Dr Showell has worked as a Psychologist in Neurodevelopmental, Mental Health and Looked After Children and Adopted services; completing specialist assessments, formulations, interventions and evaluations. Also providing psychological consultancy and supervision to colleagues. She has developed group programmes for young people and families and specialist training on Autism, Attachment and Trauma and Mental Health.
Dr Showell has completed additional training in specialist psychological assessment for Children and Young People and is trained in the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS), 3di specialist diagnostic interview, Child Attachment Interview, psychometric and cognitive assessments. She has also undergone additional training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT) and attachment-based approaches.
Areas of interest
Dr Showell has experience and a special interest in working with young people using sensory based approaches and complex differential diagnostic assessment of young people with Autism, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Attachment and Trauma.
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology University of Leicester 2012
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Wolverhampton 2002
- Certificate in Cogntive Behavioural Therapy Institute of Counselling 2011
- Autism Diagnsotic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) Hogrefe 2017
- 3di Diagnostic Interview UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, London 2015
- Child Attachment Interview Anna Freud Centre 2018
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society - Chartered Member
Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.