- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire, Spire Elland Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Mr Estephan started working in the UK in 2005.
He became on the GMC specialist register in February 2014. GMC registration number 6065813.
In the UK he worked at University Hospitals Aintree NHS Foundation Trust (Liverpool), Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trusts and Since September 2013 he has been working at Calderdale and Huddersfield hospitals NHS Foundation Trusts.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery with different types of intraocular lenses including toric and multifocal intraocular lenses to correct astigmatism.
Medical retina: Including age-related macular degeneration, Diabetic retinopathy, Retinal vein occlusion, Central serous chorioretinopathy and many other retinal diseases.
General ophthalmology including acute eye diseases, neuro-ophthalmology and non-surgical glaucoma and corneal diseases
- Christine Bates
- Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire 937 Harrogate Road Bradford BD10 0RD
- 0845 456 2021
Current NHS consultant posts held
Calderdale and Huddersfield Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Doctor of Medicine - With honor - National Medical University - Kiev – Ukraine 1993.
Award of an optional point from 1 October 2011 (the maximum award per application in one year) at Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Trust
Courses offered to GPs
OCT interpretation for optometrists
The role of OCT in glaucoma
Toric IOL and cataract surgery complications
Cataract & Diabetic retinopathy for General Practitioners
OCT interpretation for optometrists
OCT - The revolution: Optic Disc
OCT disc interpretation – basics and real life cases
Toric IOL tips
Pupils – video lecture and presentation
Treatment of RVO
Phacoemulsification – complex cases
OCT macula – the revolution
Clinical debate – Management of III cranial nerve p
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
- Intra-vitreal Avastin injection and AC aqueous release in painful neovascular CRVO related glaucoma
- Intravitreal injection of Ozurdex
- Anterior chamber paracentesis, aqueous release after intra-vitreal Triesence injection
- Pseudoexfoliation, white cataract, small pupil shallow anterior chamber
- Zonules weakness capsulorhexis retractors, intra capsular tension ring
- Dense cataract, switch to Viscoat when realised very dense, difficulties cracking the posterior plate in dense cataract
- Polar cataract, hydrodelineation, gentle peripheral only hydro and viscodissection
- Toric monofocal intraocular lens to correct astigmatism
- Brunescent cataract, white mature cortex, needle and cannula aspiration of emulsified cortex, spiral CCC
- Sub-Tenon anaesthesia
- Switch from Intra-cameral to sub-Tenon’s anaesthesia in cataract surgery
- Sub-conjunctival anaesthesia
- Straightforward phacoemulsification - cataract surgery
Audit from Mr Z Estephan appraisal for 2018/2019. 0% intra-operative complication rate of cataract surgery and intravitreal injections and laser procedures verified at Calderdale ad Huddersfield Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and at Yorkshire Optegra Hospital
- MRCSEd in Ophthalmology The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2005
- FRCS (Glasgow) in Ophthalmology The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2005
Reference number 6065813
Affiliations / memberships
FRCS (Glasgow) in Ophthalmology - The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow – March 2005
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.