- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 22 Apr 2020
- Reproductive medicine
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
Mr Gnanachandran is a consultant Gynaecologist providing a range of treatment for patients for a variety of gynaecology conditions.
1) Gynaecology scan- TAS, TVS, 3d for gynaecology and HyCoSy
2) hysteroscopy and surgeries
3) Laparoscopy and Minimally invasive operations
5) Endometriosis and adenomyosis
6) Laparoscopic and open Hysterectomy
Mr Gnanachandran is a recognised trainer in gynaecology transvaginal ultrasound scan and laparoscopic surgery
He gave training and lectures nationally on scanning for endometrium, fibroid and IOTA scanning for ovarian cysts
He subspecialises in treating young women for conditions affecting fertility and early indications of cancer.
Mr Gnanachandran provides treatments for pelvic pain, subfertility, endometriosis , fibroids and early gynaecology malignancies.
Procedures he performs include surgery for fertility, hysteroscopy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, oophorectomy, ovarian cyst removal and colposcopy,
He was appointed as a consultant at Northampton General hospital in 2016 to develop fertility services and surgery for fertility patients and gynaecology rapid access care service provision.
Current post including leadership in emergency gynaecology, Fertility services and rapid access care (patients with suspected cancer).
He does not provide late pregnancy care, deliveries, Urogynaecology(urine incontinence and prolapses)
Areas of interest
Gynaecology scan and surgery for fibroids, ovarian cyst and endometriosis, adenomosis and early endometrial cancer.
Myomectomy (removal of fibroids) hysterectomy; laparoscopic hysterectomy;
Surgery for fertility patients; ovarian cysts; endometriosis; ovarian cysts for suspected cancer; endometrioma; fibroid; pelvic pain; suspected ovarian cancer; post coital bleeding; colposcopy; pre cancer treatment; ovarian cysts in young patients; endometrial polyp resection; endometrial ablation;
hysterectomy; laparoscopic hysterectomy; ultrasound scan; ovarian cancer diagnosis; fertility scans
- Leah Crouch
- Northampton General Hospital Trust Cliftonville Northampton NN1 5BD
- 01604 545489
- 07944 325821
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David M Cara Fee Assured
- Dr Michael Goodwin Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lead for gynaecology scan and Rapid access Gynaecology (suspected gunaecology cancer pathway) for gynaecology emergnenecy
Uterus/ Endometrial assessment for patients with inter-menstrual bleeding /postmenopausal bleeding and ovarian cyst assessment by ultrasound scan.
Onarian cyst and cancer prediiction
Laparoscopic myomectomy- surgical outcome
Ovarian cyst in pregnanacy
Tennis & my children
Chellappah Gnanachandran- Clinical Educator of the Year
"Mr Gnanachandran is the epitome of an excellent clinical educator. In the days of increasing pressure on theatre lists and reducing time for training he always finds a way of turning each experience into an educational opportunity. He trains juniors both surgically and medically and is constantly supporting junior doctors to participate in research projects. He facilitates friendly debates and learning."
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
1) Survey on Selection Criteria Indication for Patients with Postmenopausal Bleeding for Hysteroscopy: Variation in Current Practice and Implications for Clinical Effectiveness.
C Gnanachandran, E Zielinski, R Penketh - Journal of Gynecologic Surgery 2017.
2) Abstract: Survey on selecting patients with postmenopausal bleeding (PMB) for hysteroscopy: current practice and future clinical effectiveness
E Zielinski, C Gnanachandran - Ultrasound in Obstetrics &Gynaecology, 2017
1) Abstract: Postmenopausal endometrial polyp detection: A retrospective descriptive comparison study of transvaginal ultrasound scan findings with hysteroscopy …
P Woollett, C Gnanachandran - BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
2) Abstract: A Retrospective Descriptive Comparison Study of Transvaginal Ultrasound Scan Findings With Histology Findings on Postmenopausal Women Who Underwent …
C Gnanachandran, W Paul - Journal of minimally invasive gynaecology
3) Abstract: Review of current evidence on investigations for postmenopausal bleeding by transvaginal scan followed by hysteroscopy: Gap in clinical effectiveness
Courses offered to GPs
1) Clinical effectiveness in PMB
2) Managment of fibroids and myomectomy
3) Complications of second generation endometrial ablations
4) Assessment of Ovarian Cyst and risk of malignancy
5) Endometrial Assessment for interventional bleeding and heavy periods
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View external photos of my work
- MRCOG RCOG 2010
- MSC - ultrasound scan Derby university 2015
- PG gynaecology endoscopy Surrey university 2015
- Ultrasound Derby university 2013
- gynaecology oncology UHB and UHW 2015
Reference number 6067083
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- senior representative British Society for Gynaecological Imaging 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetetrics and gynaecology, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
American association of gynaecology Laparoscopist
British society for gynaecological endoscopy
British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP),-accredited Colposcopist
British gynaecology cancer society
British society for gynaecological imaging- committee member
European society of human reproduction and embryology
International society for ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology
Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- BMI The AvenueCliftonvilleNORTHAMPTONNN1 5DR
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01604 620311
- NGH CliftonvilleNORTHAMPTONNN1 5BD
- 17:00 - 06:30
- 01604 545489
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Leah Crouch: 01604 545489