- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Upper GI surgery
I am a Consultant General, Upper GI and Bariatric (Obesity) Surgeon. My NHS practice is based in the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust; Emergency surgery is performed in the Royal Victoria Hospital, major upper GI cancer and laparoscopic benign (hiatal hernia and antireflux) hernia surgery in the Belfast City Hospital and day case surgery e.g surgery for gallstones (Gallbladder and laparoscopic hernia operations) in the Mater Infirmorum and Lagan Valley Hospitals.
I trained in surgery in Belfast and also completed extensive training in centres throughout the UK, and Ireland. I completed fellowship training in Liverpool, Chester and South Africa where I learnt advanced laparoscopic skills in the field of surgery for obesity (Bariatric/weight loss surgery) and hiatal hernia/anti-reflux surgery under the mentorship of internationally renowned experts.
I have practising privileges at the Ulster Independent Clinic and Kingsbridge Hospital, Belfast. I welcome all general surgical referrals; in particular for conditions related to swallowing difficulties, acid reflux/heartburn, vasectomy, gallstones, abdominal pain and hernias.
Areas of interest
Abdominal pain; Reflux and acid related problems; Swallowing difficulties; Minor skin lumps (lipoma/cysts etc); Vasectomy (Male sterilisation); Laparoscopic ('Key hole') hernia surgery; Anti-reflux surgery; Hiatal hernia surgery; Oesophageal and Gastric cancer surgery; Gallbladder surgery; Upper GI Endoscopy (OGD); weight loss surgery; bariatric surgery
- Tracy Butler
- Belfast City Hospital 51 Lisburn Road Belfast BT9 7AB
- 028 9504 4624
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Gareth Allen Fee Assured
- Dr David McNamee Fee Assured
- Dr John McCaffrey Fee Assured
- Dr K R Milligan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
Emergency surgery at Royal Victoria Hospital
Elective major surgery at Belfast City Hospital
Day case surgery at Mater Infirmorum and Lagan Valley Hospitals
Cycling, skiing and walking.
Ulster Rugby Supporter
Courses offered to GPs
Benign Upper GI Surgery (e.g GORD, hiatal hernia, oesophageal dysmotility)
- Basic Certificate in Quality and Safety Institute for Healthcare Improvement 2017
- MRCS - Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2007
- MBChB - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery University of Birmingham 2004
- MSc - Master of Surgery University of Hull 2012
- JAG Certification in Upper GI Endoscopy Joint Advisory Group on GI Endoscopy, Royal College of Physicians 2014
- FRCS - Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2015
Reference number 6100720
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of completion of training in General Surgery, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Upper GI Surgeons
Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
British Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society
European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
British Medical Association
- Kingsbridge Private Hospital, 801-815 Lisburn...
- 18:30 - 20:30
- 028 9066 7878
- Ulster Independent Clinic, 245 Stranmillis...
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 028 9068 7444
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
028 9504 4624
Or contact the hospital ward you were on who will contact me.