- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon since 1996.
Personally performed over 10,000 Cataract surgery procedures.
Set up the first specialist uveitis clinic in Yorkshire in 1996
Designed teh MGDRx EyeBag in 2004 and patented the intellectual property. Spent the last 10 years running the EyeBag company alongside my clinical practice. Developed special expertise in the management of Dry Eye conditions particularly Meibomian Gland Dysfunction - MGD but also Sjogrens Syndrome and similar conditions
Areas of interest
Dry Eye Syndromes and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. Iritis, Uveitis and Scleritis. Cataract surgery with particular expertise in complex cataract operations in eyes with previous uveitis and scleritis. I also specialise in the ocular complications of systemic medical diseases.
- Lynn Clelland
- Spire Elland Hospital Elland Lane Elland HX5 9EB
- 01422 324107
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.
Distinguished Visiting Fellow at Cardiff University - I lead the Tear Film and Dry Eye module teaching Post-graduate optometrists all about dry eye etc.
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
Lid warming devices and techniques
Intra-vitreal dexamethasone - Ozurdex implants
Monoclonal antibody treatment of Uveitis
I do a lot of teaching and lecturing... and
Moran Clinical Scolarship
John William Clark Award
Ian Fraser Prize
Optician Education award
- MB BS St Mary's Hospital Paddington - Imperial College London 1983
- MRCP UK The Royal College of Physicians of London 1988
- DO Diploma in Ophthalmology The Royal College of Surgeons of London 1990
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1991
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1991
- FRCP The Royal College of Physicians of London 2001
- FBCLA The British Contact Lens Association 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 1995
Affiliations / memberships
Loads - too many to describe here...
- Spire Elland Hospital, HX5 9EB
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01422 324041
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details