- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I completed my Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy training in 2002, having previously gained experiences of treating a broad range of mental health difficulties, whilst working as a Registered Mental Health Nurse.
Since qualifying as a a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist I have worked in various settings and have gained much of my clinical skill and experience offering therapy to people experiencing complex presentations.
Why am I a Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapist?
The power to change comes from within and through it's collaborative and person led process, CBT enables us to understand our strengths and how best to harness them, our challenges and how we can more effectively and beneficially engage with them and to recognise things that we may not be able to influence, but how best we can reduce any impact.
In facilitating this process, CBT enables us to become more able to engage with life in a more balanced and effective way.
CBT is very effective and empowering therapy that can be utilised at a very low level intervention through to working with very deep, long standing and deeply embedded core issues.
Sometimes, we all need some support and guidance to get us on the right pathway to change. That is where I come in as a therapist - my goal is to work with you to enable you to gain strength and resilience to achieve a sense of control over your life and attain your life goals. CBT can help us to do this!
'Strength though Understanding'
Areas of interest
Depression including long standing presentations; Low self-esteem; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD); Trichotillomania; Social Anxiety; Agoraphobia; Panic; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Stress reaction; Fibromyalgia; Health Anxiety; Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD); Chronic Pain - Musculoskeletal; Rheumatoid; Phobias
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Registered Mental Health Nurse South Birmingham School of Nursing 1985
- ENB 650 - Adult Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) Sheffield University 2002
- BA (Hons) Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Sheffield Hallam University 2002
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing I-!V EMDR UK 2007
- MSc Cognitive Behaviour Therapy University of Birmingham 2013
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- National Liaison Officer (WM) British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) 2015
- National Liaison Officer (WM) British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) 2016
- National Liaison Officer (WM) British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapies (BABCP)
EMDR UK & Ireland
Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)