- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 18 Apr 2020
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
• I am registered as a Chartered Practitioner with the HCPC, a member of the Division of Clinical Psychology in the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). I adhere closely to professional practice guidelines.
• Experienced working with all common mental health difficulties in adults and using a variety of approaches (CBT, Schema therapy, EMDR, Mindfulness), as well as expertise working with complex trauma and psychosis.
• Experience of supervision, teaching, training and research
• Operational line management of staff working in a Psychological Therapies Team
• Ongoing leadership and service development involvement
• Demonstrable excellent communication abilities
Areas of interest
Depression; Anxiety; OCD; Trauma; Complex trauma; Eating Disorders; Personality Disorders; Psychosis; Bariatric Surgery
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- weight management and obesity
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, NHS Lanarkshire
Eating disorders and obesity
Wright, F., Boyle, S., Baxter, K., Gilchrist, L., Nellaney, J., Greenlaw, N., Forde L. (2013). Understanding the relationship between weight loss, emotional well-being and health-related quality of life in patients attending a specialist obesity weight management service. J Health Psychol. 18, 574-86
Wright, F., Boyle, S., Nellany, J., Gilchrist, L., Baxter, K., Greenlaw, N., Forde, L. (2011). The relationship between weight loss, emotional well-being and health-related quality of life in patients attending a specialist obesity weight management service. DCP-Scotland, Newsletter, Issue 4, May 2011
Wright, F., Bewick, B.M., Barkham, M., House, A.O., Hill, A.J. (2009). Co-occurrence of self-reported disordered eating and self-harm in UK university students. British Journal of Clinical Psychology 48, 397-410
Lask, B., Bryant-Waugh, R., Wright, F., Campbell, M., Willoughby, K., Waller, G. (2005). Family physician consultation patterns indicate high risk for early onset anorexia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 38, 269-272.
Waller, G., Babbs, M., Wright, F., Potterton, C., Meyer, C., Leung, N. (2003). Somatoform dissociation in eating-disordered patients. Behaviour Research & Therapy, 41, 619-627.
Hinrichsen, H., Wright, F., Waller, G., Meyer, C. (2003). Social anxiety and coping strategies in the eating disorders. Eating Behaviors, 4, 117-126.
Morrison, T., Waller, G., Meyer, C., Burditt, E., Wright, F., Babbs, M., Gilbert, N. (2003). Social Comparison in the Eating Disorders. Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease, 191, 553-555.
Courses offered to GPs
CBT in adult mental health
Basic CBT and applying it in consultations
- MA (Hons) Psychology University of St Andrews 1996
- MSc Research Methods in Psychology University of Hertfordshire 2001
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPysch) University of Leeds 2005
- Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital 25...
- 14:00 - 21:00
- 0141 530 3608
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.