- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 29 Apr 2020
- Hand surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Video and telephone consultations
Miss O’Neill is a fully qualified plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon. She has been awarded the intercollegiate fellowship in plastic surgery and is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS Plast). She is on the GMC’s specialist register for plastic surgery and is a member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
Miss Jennifer O’Neill graduated from Queens’ College, Cambridge with a 1st class BA Hons degree and then completed clinical medical training at New College, Oxford in 2000.
Initial surgical training was completed in London, Brighton, Exeter and East Grinstead. Miss O’Neill then visited Melbourne to perform research and a Master’s of Medicine (MMed) on the subject of the lymphatic system before taking up a further surgical training post on the South-West plastic surgery training programme in Bristol and Exeter.
Miss O’Neill’s fellowships were hand surgery in East Grinstead and a microsurgery fellowship performing free tissue transfer to the lower limb in Bristol. She also completed an interface fellowship in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery (Training Interface Group) in Guildford in addition to the Bristol aesthetic fellowship.
Miss O’Neill was awarded both the British and the European hand diplomas following the hand fellowship at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.
After becoming a Consultant in 2015, Miss O’Neill worked as a hand and skin cancer specialist Locum Consultant at Wexham Park Hospital prior to taking up her current role as a Plastic Surgery Consultant at Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead in 2017. Miss O’Neill is the lead plastic surgeon for West Kent Dermatology.
Miss O’Neill is the current Surgical Tutor for plastic surgery at Queen Victoria Hospital and is part of the simulation teaching faculty. She has postgraduate qualifications in healthcare leadership and medical education.
Areas of interest
Skin Cancer; Skin Lesions; Basal Cell Carcinoma; Squamous Cell Carcinoma; Melanoma; Moles; Naevi; Naevus; Mole; Cyst; Cysts; Lipoma; Skin Tags; Seborrhoeic Keratoses; Benign Skin Lesions; Actinic Keratoses; Haemangioma; Malignant Skin Lesions; Skin Graft; Split Skin Graft; Full thickness skin graft; local flap; Flap reconstruction; Repair split earlobe; Repair stretched earlobe; Botox; Botulinium toxin for excessively sweating armpits; Carpal tunnel syndrome; Trigger finger; Ganglion; de Quervains Disease; tendon problems in the hand; steroid injeections; Mucous cysts; mucus cysts; hand surgery
- Ruth Forgie
- The McIndoe Centre Holtye Road East Grinstead RH19 3EB
- 01342 349216
- 07521 504821
Anaesthetists worked with
- Tunbridge Wells Anaesthetic Group Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Lead Plastic Surgeon for the West Kent Dermatology Service
Miss O'Neill has over 40 publications - including case reports and technical tips - in peer reviewed medical journals.
- FRCS (Plast), Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons specialising in Plastic Surgery Royal College of Surgeons (England) 2013
- British Hand Diploma British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH) / Manchester 2015
- European Hand Diploma Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH) 2015
- MA Masters University of Cambridge 2000
- BM BCh - Medical Qualification University of Oxford 2000
- MMed - Masters by Research University of Melbourne, Australia 2006
- Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership Open University 2015
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education - Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals University of Bristol 2012
Reference number 4731430
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Surgical Tutor for the Junior Doctors Queen Victoria Hospital 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Plastic Surgeon on the GMC Specialist Register, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
BAPRAS - British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
British Medical Association
- Nuffield Tunbridge Wells Hospital, Kingswood...
- 09:30 - 13:30
- 07521 504821
- The McIndoe Centre, Holtye RoadEAST...
- 08:30 - 13:30
- 07521 504821
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Patients should contact Miss O'Neill via the hospital or clinic where they were treated or via calling Ruth Forgie - Secretary and PA.