- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 14 Oct 2020
- Paediatric diabetes & endocrinology
Areas of interest
All areas of Paediatric Endocrinology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes - Kings' College Hospitals NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
1. Uday S, Sakka S, Davies JH, Randell T, Arya VB, Brain C, Tighe M, Allgrove J, Arundel P, Pryce R, Hogler W, Shaw NJ. Elemental feed associated hypophosphataemic rickets. Clinical Nutrition (Manuscript Submitted December 2017).
2. Arya VB, Ajzensztejn M, Appleby G, Oddy S, Halsall D, Chatterjee K, Moran C, Hulse T. High dose Biotin in Infants Mimics Biochemical Hyperthyroidism with Some Commercial Assay. Accepted for publication in Clinical Endocrinology – December 2017
3. Demirbilek H, Arya VB, Ozbek MN, Houghton JA, Baran RT, Akar M, Tekes S, Tuzun H, Mackay DJ, Flanagan SE, Hattersley AT, Ellard S, Hussain K. Clinical characteristics and molecular genetic analysis of 22 patients with neonatal diabetes from the South-Eastern region of Turkey: predominance of non-KATP channel mutations. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015 Jun;172(6):697-705
4. Senniappan S, Pitt K, Shah P, Arya V, Jaiswal S, Haddad M, Hind J, Dhawan A, Davenport M, Hussain K. Postprandial hyperinsulinaemic hypoglycaemia secondary to a congenital portosystemic shunt. Horm Res Paediatr. 2015;83(3):217-20.
5. Arya VB, Aziz Q, Nessa A, Tinker A, Hussain K. Congenital hyperinsulinism: clinical and molecular characterisation of compound heterozygous ABCC8 mutation responsive to Diazoxide therapy. Int J Pediatr Endocrinol. 2014;2014(1):24.
6. Shah P, Arya VB, Flanagan SE, Morgan K, Ellard S, Flanagan SE, Hussain K. Sirolimus therapy in a patient with severe hyperinsulinaemic hypoglycaemia due to a compound heterozygous ABCC8 gene mutation. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2015 May;28(5-6):695-9.
7. Demirbilek H, Tahir S, Baran RT, Sherif M, Shah P, Ozbek MN, Hatipoglu N, Baran A, Arya VB, Hussain K. Familial isolated growth hormone deficiency due to a novel homozygous missense mutation in the growth hormone releasing hormone receptor gene: clinical presentation with hypoglycaemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Dec;99(12):E2730-4
8. Arya VB, Guemes M, Nessa A, Alam S, Shah P, Gilbert C, Senniappan S, Flanagan SE, Ellard S, Hussain K. Clinical and histological heterogeneity of congenital hyperinsulinism due to paternally inherited heterozygous ABCC8/KCNJ11 mutations. Eur J Endocrinol. 2014 Dec;171(6)685-95.
9. Demirbilek H, Shah P, Arya VB, Hinchey L, Flanagan SE, Ellard S, Hussain K. Long-term follow-up of children with congenital hyperinsulinism on octreotide therapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Oct;99(10)3660-7.
- CCT (Paediatrics Endocrinology and Diabetes) Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2017
- PhD (Understanding Genetics of Congenital Hyperinsulinism) University College London 2015
- MD Paediatrics All India Institute of Medical Sciences 2002
- MBBS Government Medical College Hospital 1998
Reference number 6084553
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes