- Fee assured
- Verified this account
After completing his primary medical degree in 2001, Dr. K has worked extensively in sports medicine, orthopaedic surgery, emergency medicine, rheumatology and general practice.
He completed his higher specialist training in sport and exercise medicine in Cambridge in 2017.
He works with several elite and professional sporting disciplines including athletics, premier league and championship football, Women's Super League football, basketball, gymnastics and aquatic sports.
He is a team physician with English FA Women’s football and works as a sports medicine specialist in several high-profile international events including the Glasgow European Championships of 2018 and the London 2012 Olympic games.
He is a specialist in the treatment all musculoskeletal and sporting injuries in both elite and recreational athletes.
Having trained in orthopaedic surgery for over 3 years, Dr. K has a unique advantage of having a surgical and medical knowledge in diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions.
Areas of interest
Hip and Groin injuries,
Upper and lower limb injuries,
Overuse injuries relating to sports and work,
Diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound,
Intra-articular and soft tissue injections,
Exercise testing and prescription,
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma / Autologous Conditioned Plasma) injections for joints, muscles and tendons,
- Di Austin
- Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital 4 Trumpington Road Cambridge CB2 8AF
- 01223 370922
- 01223 370928
- 01223 281310
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Substantive NHS Consultant in Sport, Exercise and Musculoskeletal Medicine
Musculoskeletal and Pain Service
Primary care Centre
2. Honorary Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine
Cambridge University (Addenbrookes) Hospital NHS Trust
Autologous Concentrated Plasma (ACP or PRP) injections in Osteoarthritis
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Russian - Fluent
- Doctor of Medicine Tver State Medical Academy 2001
- Master of Science MSc University College London 2012
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Bournemouth University 2016
- Diploma of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK) Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK) 2015
- Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine University of Bath 2010
- MRCGP Royal College of General Practitioners 2009
- DFSRH Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health 2009
Reference number 6033389
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2017
- Freedom Clinics34 North ColonnadeLondonE14 5HX
- 07:00 - 19:00
- 020 3197 9100
- Nuffield Hospital Cambridge, 4 Trumpington Road...
- 09:30 - 21:00
- 01223 370922
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield Hospital, Cambridge: 01223 370922
Freedom Clinics, London: 020 3197 9100