- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 14 Jun 2020
After completing his primary medical degree in 2001, Dr. Kulothungan has worked extensively in sports medicine, orthopaedic surgery, emergency medicine, rheumatology and general practice.
He completed his higher specialist training in sport and exercise medicine in Cambridge in 2017.
He works with several elite and professional sporting disciplines including athletics, premier league and championship football, Women's Super League football, basketball, gymnastics and aquatic sports.
He is the team physician of Essex County Cricket team. Previously he was the team physician with English FA Women’s football and works as a sports medicine specialist in several high-profile international events including the Glasgow European Championships of 2018 and the London 2012 Olympic games.
He is a specialist in the treatment all musculoskeletal and sporting injuries in both elite and recreational athletes.
Having trained in orthopaedic surgery for over 3 years, Dr. Kulothungan has a unique advantage of having a surgical and medical knowledge in diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions.
Areas of interest
Hip and Groin injuries,
Upper and lower limb injuries,
Overuse injuries relating to sports and work,
Diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound,
Intra-articular and soft tissue injections,
Exercise testing and prescription,
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma / Autologous Conditioned Plasma) injections for joints, muscles and tendons,
- Di Austin
- Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital 4 Trumpington Road Cambridge CB2 8AF
- 01223 370922
- 01223 370928
- 01223 281310
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Substantive NHS Consultant in Sport, Exercise and Musculoskeletal Medicine
Musculoskeletal and Pain Service
Primary care Centre
2. Honorary Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine
Cambridge University (Addenbrookes) Hospital NHS Trust
Autologous Concentrated Plasma (ACP or PRP) injections in Osteoarthritis
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Russian - Fluent
- DFSRH Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health 2009
- MRCGP Royal College of General Practitioners 2009
- Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine University of Bath 2010
- Diploma of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK) Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK) 2015
- Postgraduate Diploma in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Bournemouth University 2016
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2017
- Master of Science MSc University College London 2012
- Doctor of Medicine Tver State Medical Academy 2001
Reference number 6033389
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2017
- Freedom Clinics34 North ColonnadeLondonE14 5HX
- 07:00 - 19:00
- 020 3197 9100
- Nuffield Hospital Cambridge, 4 Trumpington Road...
- 09:30 - 21:00
- 01223 370922
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield Hospital, Cambridge: 01223 370922
Freedom Clinics, London: 020 3197 9100