- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 28 May 2020
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
Motchila is a highly skilled and experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist. She is registered with the HCPC and BPS and has worked in the NHS for sixteen years, predominantly in adult mental health services. She is also an experienced clinical supervisor. She specialises in traditional and third wave cognitive behaviour therapy, including mindfulness and compassion focussed approaches.
After completing her doctoral training at University College London, Motchila completed a diploma in cognitive behavioural psychotherapy at Royal Holloway University of London. She has extensive experience of working with depression, anxiety (including panic, social anxiety, OCD, health anxiety, PTSD, phobias and stress), bereavement and loss, low self-esteem and insomnia. She has a special interest in providing therapy for anxiety and mood problems for adults with autism spectrum disorders.
Motchila is a warm, non-judgemental and empathic therapist who believes in the importance of providing a safe and supportive therapeutic space, in which clients can openly explore difficult emotions, thoughts and experiences. She works with clients to develop a shared understanding of how their difficulties have developed over time, and what factors might be maintaining them in the here and now. She takes a collaborative, practical and evidence based approach, helping clients to bring about meaningful change and acceptance in their lives.
Areas of interest
Adults age 18+; depression; OCD; social anxiety; panic; health anxiety; PTSD; phobias; stress; low self-esteem; bereavement and loss; insomnia; mood and anxiety difficulties in people with autism spectrum disorders
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University College London 2007
- BSc Psychology Reading University 1999
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Royal Holloway University of London 2014
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dissociative Seizures Randomised Controlled Trial: Kings College London 2014
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression London Meditation 2012
- Working With Complex Truama Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2011
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy East London NHS Trust 2011
- The Mindworks Practice, 81 Farringdon St,...
- 09:00 - 14:00
- 020 7042 1784
- The mindworks practice, 81 Farringdon Street,...
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 020 7042 1784
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The Mindworks Practice
11-12 Tokenhouse Yard
London EC2R 7AS