- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a consultant general , hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgeon. I have a special interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. I perform laparoscopic cholecystectomies (keyhole surgery to remove the gallbladder) open and laparoscopic hernia repairs, major liver and pancreatic surgery and general abdominal surgery.
Areas of interest
Gallbladder surgery; keyhole surgery; laparoscopic surgery; hernia surgery; abdominal surgery; liver surgery; pancreatic surgery; treating gallstones; treating patients with acute and chronic pancreatitis; incisional hernia repairs; groin hernia repairs; removal of lipomas.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Dave Patel Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and general surgeon University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital.
Microwave ablation of liver tumours, treatment of patients with chronic pancreatitis, medical education
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
Multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Courses offered to GPs
I am available to give talks to GPs either organised through the Nuffield and Bupa or if approached directly.
- MBChB University of Leicester medical School 2001
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2005
- MD University of Leicester 2011
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- Masters of Minimal Invasive Surgery University of Adelaide 2013
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Educations for Surgeons University of Dundee 2017
- Fellowship in HPB and Upper Gi Queen Elizabeth Hospital Adelaide 2013
- Fellowship in HPB and Transplant Surgery Churchill Hospital Oxford 2014
Reference number 6029561
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery/ HPB surgery, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons
International Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please contact me through the University Hospitals of Leicester switchboard