- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
I am an Honorary NHS Consultant in Critical Care Medicine and Anaesthesia and have been a consultant from 1993-2019. I have an honorary Professorship at the University of Edinburgh in these specialties and have clinical and research expertise in the areas of nutrition, sepsis and acute brain injury.
Areas of interest
Neurological Critical Care; Nutrition; anaesthesia for the "elderly"; Depth of anaesthesia monitoring;
Honorary Professorship at the University of Edinburgh
Author - Selected publications (from more than 200)
1. Oxford Textbook of Critical Care, second edition 2016: Multiple chapters.
2. .Andrews PJ, et al.Hypothermia for Intracranial Hypertension after Traumatic Brain Injury. N Engl J Med. 2015 Oct 7.
3.Kilgour AH, Semple S, Marshall I, Andrews P, Andrew R, Walker BR. 11β-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in brain does not contribute to systemic interconversion of cortisol and cortisone in healthy men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Nov 13:jc20143277. PMID: 25393644
4. Emelifeonwu JA, Flower H, Loan J, McGivern K, Andrews PJ. Prevalence of Anterior Pituitary Dysfunction 12 months or more following Traumatic Brain Injury in Adults - A Systematic review and Meta-analysis. J Neurotrauma. 2019, doi: 10.1089/neu.2018.6349. PMID: 31111791
5. Ackerman WE,. Andrews P.J.D, Juneja M.M., Rigor B.M. Cauda Equina Syndrome in the Parturient: A Consequence of Maternal Factors or Continuous Subarachnoid Analgesia: Anesthesia and Analgesia 1993, 76, No4, 898-901.
Reference number 2831778