- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- General cardiology
Areas of interest
• Cardiac electrophysiology • Catheter ablation • Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation • Catheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia • Let atrial occlusion device implants for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation
- Ms Claire Jamieson
- Department of Cardiology Freeman Hospital Freeman Road High Heaton NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE7 7DN
- 0191 213 7131
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist & Senior Lecturer
Department of Cardiology, Freeman Hospital, NUTH NHS Hospitals Foundation Trust, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Catheter ablation of AF & ventricular tachy-arrhythmias (VT & VF) - (eg: signal processing; evaluation of evolving ablation technologies & mapping systems; psychological impact of arrhythmias)
1. Giacopelli D, Bourke JP, Murray A, Langley P. Spatial pattern of P waves in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation patients in sinus rhythm and controls. PACE 2012, 35:819-26.
2. Pugh A, Bourke JP, Kunadian V. Sudden cardiac death among competitive athletes: A review. Postgrad Med J, 2012, 88:382-90.
3. Wren C, Vogel M, Lord S, Abrams D, Bourke J, Rees P, Rosenthal E. Accuracy of algorithms to predict accessory pathway location in children with WPW syndrome. Heart 2011, 98:202-06.
4. Readhead AP, Turkington D, Rao S, Tynan M, Bourke JP. Psychopathology in post-infarction patients implanted with cardioverter-defibrillators for secondary prevention: A cross-sectional case-controlled study. J Psychosom Res 2010, 69:555-563.
5. Raine D, O'Sullivan J, Chaudhari M, Hamilton L, Hasan A, Bourke JP. Ablation of atrial tachy-arrhythmias late after surgical repair of tetralogy of Fallot. Cardiology in the Young 2010; Page 1 of 8 (doi:10.1017/S1047951110001447)
6. Parry SW, Chadwick T, Gray JC, Bexton RS, Tynan M, Bourke JP, Nath S. The intravenous adenosine test: A new test for the identification of bradycardia pacing indications? A pilot study in subjects with bradycardia pacing indications, vasovagal syncope and controls. Q J M 2009, 102:461-468.
7. Saumarez RC, Pytkowski M, Sterlinski M, Bourke JP, et al. Paced ventricular electrogram fractionation predicts sudden cardiac death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Eu Heart J 2008, 29: 1653-61.
8. Raine D, Langley P, Murray A, Dunuwille A, Bourke JP. Surface atrial frequency analysis in patients with atrial fibrillation: A tool for evaluating the effects of intervention. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2004, 15:1021-26.
1. Bourke JP, Dunuwille A, O’Donnell D, Jamieson S, Furniss SS. Pulmonary vein ablation for idiopathic atrial fibrillation: six-month outcome of first procedure in 100 consecutive patients. Heart 2005, 91:51-57.
2. Gunawardena R, Furniss SS, Shepherd E, Santarpia G, Lord SW, Bourke JP. What outcomes are being achieved following catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation in the UK? A step-by-step single centre cohort analysis. Br J Cardiol 2010;17:271–6.
- MD (Thesis) National University of Ireland 1997
- MB, BCh, BAO University College Dublin 1979
- Diploma in Child Health University College Dublin 1981
- British Heart Foundation's Anglo-Australian Fellowship Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia 1989
Reference number 2830753
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of London 1997
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of Ireland 1996
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Accreditation in Cardiology (JCHMT, UK), 1995
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Society
European Cardiac Society
British Heart Rhythm Society
Heart Rhythm Society (USA)
World Muscle Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.