- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a consultant psychiatrist working in the NHS at West London NHS Trust on the St Bernard's site.
I have been a consultant since 1996 and have held a National Clinical Excellence Award for 10 years.
I am an expert advisor to the Parliamentary Health Ombudsman.
I am a visiting professor at Buckinghamshire New University and an honorary senior clinical lecturer at Imperial College.
I have held numerous research grants and have contributed to research throughout my career in medicine. My main areas of research have been in the neuroimaging and neuropathology of severe mental illness and I have published extensively in peer reviewed journals.
My publication record can be accessed through Research Gate at
- MBBS London University 1988
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 1992
- FRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 2007
- FAcadMEd Academy of Medical Educators 2010
- PhD University of Sussex 1977
- Psychiatry Training Rotation Bethlem Royal & Maudsley Hospital 1989
- Psychiatry Training Rotation/Research Institute of Neurology 1993
Reference number 3298495
Affiliations / memberships
In 1992 I obtained Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists through examination and was elected a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2007. I was elected a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Educators (in 2010) by assessment and in recognition of my sustained contribution to medical education and training.
In 2018 I was elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.