- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 17 Apr 2020
Miss Vivian A. Elwell completed her Neurosurgical training on the North Thames Neurosurgical London Rotation. She gained further specialist training in complex spinal surgery as a Central London Senior Spinal Fellow. In addition she was awarded the British Association of Spinal Surgeons President Travelling Fellowship and the International Group for Advancement in Spinal Science Fellowship (IGASS).
She is a Consultant Neurosurgeon with an Interest in Complex Spinal Surgery. Her current clinical and research interests include: head and spinal injury, spinal tumours and spinal degenerative disease.
Areas of interest
Simple and complex spine surgery
• Degenerative spinal disease, cervical and lumbar herniated disc protrusion, back pain, spinal injuries, spinal fractures, spinal infection, spinal tumours
• Microsurgery, minimally invasive spinal surgery, spinal instrumentation
• Carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve compression
• Neurotrauma (head injury)
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Jonathan Watkiss Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Miss Elwell is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Her current clinical and research interests include: head and spinal injury, spinal tumours and spinal degenerative disease.
- BA in Biological Sciences Columbia College, Columbia University 1994
- BA (Hons): Pre-Clinical Medicine University of Cambridge 2000
- MBBS: Clinical Medicine Imperial College School of Medicine, Univ. of London 2003
- MA University of Cambridge 2004
- FRCS (Neuro. Surg) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2012
Reference number 6076273
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC-Full Registration, 2004
- GMC- Specialist Register in Neurosurgery, 2013
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.