- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Over twenty one years of health and educational experience within the field of clinical psychotherapy. An accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist , Mental Health Clinician , EMDR therapist and Life Coach working alongside Consultant Psychiatrist . Motivated in making a difference to people’s lives. Demonstrating a record of achievements in delivering mental health care to treating a wide range of psychological disorders in challenging cases of complex intractable emotional ailments from adults to young people. An inspirational and lateral thinker with highly effective entrepreneurial focus facing diplomatic, communication and
influencing skills; and a track record of fully meeting the needs of the individual – providing considerate support and evidence based treatment even when faced with unfamiliar situations.
Areas of interest
*Abuse- Emotional or Physical.
* Bipolar Disorder
* Child and Adolescent psychological problems
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
* Personality Disorders
* Pain management
* Post Natal Depression
* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
* Self Esteem
* Self Harm
* Sexual Abuse
* Sleep disorder
* Work related stress
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently working as a" Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Acceptance Committment Therapist and EMDR therapist .
and in Private Practice
Area of Interest is psychological trauma related research on how the mind and body responds to trauma . Evidence based treatment for trauma .
Such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
" When you want to make a difference you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make "
I want to make a difference to individuals Life's who have been affected by psychological problems .To enable them to achieve the best possible outcome
Birmingham and Solihull NHS Trust
Board Challenge 2010
" Category 1- Improving the patient experience
The wheels of emotion - Primary Care Mental Health - BME Mental Health Assessment Tool . Measuring Anxiety and Depression .
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy The University of Derby 2017
- EMDR Level 1,2,3 EMDR Europe 2013
- Post Graduate Diploma -ENB (660) Psycho-Dynamic Therapy University of Central England 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counsellor Supervision West Mercia Institute of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2000
- Bachelor Of Science with Honours - Mental Health University of Central England 1999
- Primary Certificate in Multimodal Therapy and Counselling Centre For Stress Management. London 1988
- Primary Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Training Centre For Stress Management. London 1998
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy .
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies .
EMDR Association UK & Ireland