- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
Over twenty one years of health and educational experience within the field of clinical psychotherapy. An accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist , Mental Health Clinician , EMDR therapist and Life Coach working alongside Consultant Psychiatrist . Motivated in making a difference to people’s lives. Demonstrating a record of achievements in delivering mental health care to treating a wide range of psychological disorders in challenging cases of complex intractable emotional ailments. An inspirational and lateral thinker with highly effective entrepreneurial focus facing diplomatic, communication and
influencing skills; and a track record of fully meeting the needs of the individual – providing considerate support and evidence based treatment even when faced with unfamiliar situations.
Areas of interest
*Abuse- Emotional or Physical.
* Bipolar Disorder
* Child and Adolescent psychological problems
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
* Personality Disorders
* Pain management
* Post Natal Depression
* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
* Self Esteem
* Self Harm
* Sexual Abuse
* Sleep disorder
* Work related stress
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently working as a" Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Acceptance Committment Therapist and EMDR therapist .
and in Private Practice
Area of Interest is psychological trauma related research on how the mind and body responds to trauma . Evidence based treatment for trauma .
Such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
" When you want to make a difference you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make "
I want to make a difference to individuals Life's who have been affected by psychological problems .To enable them to achieve the best possible outcome
Birmingham and Solihull NHS Trust
Board Challenge 2010
" Category 1- Improving the patient experience
The wheels of emotion - Primary Care Mental Health - BME Mental Health Assessment Tool . Measuring Anxiety and Depression .
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Primary Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Training Centre For Stress Management. London 1998
- Primary Certificate in Multimodal Therapy and Counselling Centre For Stress Management. London 1988
- Bachelor Of Science with Honours - Mental Health University of Central England 1999
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counsellor Supervision West Mercia Institute of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2000
- Post Graduate Diploma -ENB (660) Psycho-Dynamic Therapy University of Central England 2001
- EMDR Level 1,2,3 EMDR Europe 2013
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy The University of Derby 2017
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy .
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies .
EMDR Association UK & Ireland