- Fee assured
- Verified this account
My speciality and training is working with children and young people and I also work with adults.
My approach is integrative which means I vary the approach I use according to the needs of the client. With children I often use a sand tray, play therapy and art work. Some young people prefer to draw or do an activity rather than have to work face to face. Adults tend to prefer face to face talking but sometimes we can use a creative technique to gain insight into problems that seem particular knotty. I also use mindfulness and creative visulisation for some of my work. I have worked with young people and children for many years (previously in special and mainstream schools). I am particularly interested in working with people with ASD and I have a lot of expertise in bereavement and loss work.
Areas of interest
Young people; children; family issues; bereavement; anxiety; stress; ASD issues; depression; friendships; gender and sexuality; anger; bullying; self esteem; school and exams; identity; work related issues; family breakup;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Cheryl Barnes-Tadman Practice Manager
- Rawstorn Road Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy, 1A Rawstorn Road Colchester CO3 3JE
Current NHS consultant posts held
CAMHS Chelmsford and Colchester. (NELFT) 2012-2016
Quakers, sailing , playing music, DIY, gardening.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational
- German - Conversational
- MA Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling Terapia/Middlesex University 2010
- Supervisor for practitioners working with Children or adults. Terapia/Middlesex University 2014
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Trustee and Director at Terapia 2017
Affiliations / memberships
UKCP BACP PCU