- Fee assured
- Verified account
- General cardiology
- Interventional cardiology
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Thomas Keeble is a Consultant Cardiologist and is an expert in the management of heart problems including high blood pressure, palpitations, chest pain, high cholesterol and cardiovascular risk, heart valve problems, heart attacks and angina.
He qualified at Imperial College School of Medicine, London in 1999, achieving a number of prizes, as well as an intercalated BSc in biochemistry and metabolic medicine with 1st Class honours.
From 2005 - 2014 he trained in cardiology within the London Chest Hospital, and the Essex cardiothoracic Centre. He also spent 2 years within fellowships in Kerala (India), Western Australia and Switzerland learning advanced cardiac imaging and structural heart disease interventions.
He is a specialist in heart artery stent implantation both in stable patients with chest pain and in patients presenting to the Essex cardiothoracic centre with heart attacks (blocked heart arteries).
He has a strong research interest in heart attack and cardiac arrest medicine. He spends 2 days per week performing clinical trial at the Essex Cardiothoracic centre, testing new and innovative therapies to improve patient outcome. As a result he is a recognized expert in cardiac arrest medicine, coronary physiology and coronary stenting / heart attack medicine.
He lives in Southend with his wife and 2 children, and in his free time loves to play sport including football, tennis and skiing.
Areas of interest
High blood pressure; cardiac arrest medicine; angina; palpitations; coronary artery stenting; heart valve problems
- For paying your remaining balance
- Hythehopes Ltd Seedbed Centre Shoeburyness Southend-On-Sea SS3 9QY
- 01702 382362
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist at Southend Hospital
Consultant Cardiologist at the Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Basildon, Essex.
Senior Clinical Research Fellow, Anglia Ruskin School of Medicine, Chelmsford, UK
Expert in cardiac arrest medicine, coronary physiology, angina, heart attacks
Football, formula one, thermal spas, and viticulture.
Southend Hospital Hero 2018 - Public vote Winner
- MD QMUL, University of London 2014
- BSc Chemical Pathology and Metabolic medicine Imperial College 1996
- MRCP Royal College Of Physicians 2004
- MBBS Imperial College 1999
Reference number 4652762
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Tertiary Care Network Lead for East of England Region NHSE NHSI Cardiology network lead 2021
- Lead MTRC CIrculatory Health research group Anglia Ruskin School of Medicine MTRC 2021
- Chair of the BCIS out of hospital cardiac arrest focus group British Cardiac Interventional Society 2020
- Committee member NIHR i4i committee 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
- 1629 London RoadLEIGH-ON-SEASS9 2SQ
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07432 555601
- Spire Wellesley
- 09:30 - 12:00
- 07432 555601
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details