- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
I am a BABCP and BACP accredited therapist. I work predominantly using a Cognitive Behavioural approach. I have wide experience working in the Voluntary and Statutory sector as well as seeing private clients. I see people with a wide range of presentations including depression, trauma and anxiety-related difficulties affecting relationships, work and physical health.
I have a commitment to and interest in working with families and young people as well as individuals. In 2017 I completed foundation training in systemic family therapy and in specialist therapeutic work with young people through Queens University and University College London.
I am committed to evidence based practice and have completed EMDR training for trauma related issues. Both the WHO (World Health Organization) and NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) recommend EMDR(Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and Trauma-Focussed CBT (TF-CBT) to help resolve trauma related issues.
These successful therapeutic approaches are at times described as too skill based and lacking in emotion. In reality, they are collaborative approaches rooted in compassion, focussed on growth in understanding of our difficulties and practical ways to change and sustain these improvements.
Areas of interest
Family work and work with children and young people;
EMDR approach for trauma related issues-training completed and now working towards accreditation
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- BABCP accreditted British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies 2016
- BACP accreditted British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2008
- Qualified Social Worker University of Ulster 1995
- CBT for families children and young people-postgraduate certificate UCL 2017
- Foundation certificate for family and systemic therapy Queens 2017
Affiliations / memberships
- Access Counselling3A Market StreetBangorBT20 4SP
- 09:30 - 15:30
- 07973 440380
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details