- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 3 May 2020
- Benign Prostate disorders
- Urinary tract stones
- Urological oncology
Mr Gaurav Mukerji is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Northwick Park and Central Middlesex Hospitals in London.
Mr Mukerji undertook his Urology specialist training in the North West Thames Urology rotation of the London Deanery Training Programme, and has gained valuable experience from leading institutions including Charing Cross Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital, St Bartholomew's Hospital, Royal London Hospital and Northwick Park Hospital.
Mr Mukerji was appointed Consultant Urological Surgeon in 2014 at Imperial College NHS Trust (Charing Cross Hospital) and moved to London North West University Healthcare NHS trust (Northwick Park, Central Middlesex and Ealing Hospitals) in 2016.
He was also undertaken Urology research at the Imperial College London, where he studied novel neurogenic targets in patients with overactive and painful bladders and was awarded an MD (Research) from University of London. He has published several articles in peer reviewed journals and presented at both national and international urological conferences. He is actively involved in teaching medical students, foundation year doctors as well as Urology specialist trainees.
Mr Mukerji offers a comprehensive assessment and management of all common urological disorders. He has special interests in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (bladder and prostate problems); minimal access (laser) surgery for kidney stone disease and early diagnosis and treatment of prostate and bladder cancers.
He can provide consultations in English, Hindi and Bengali.
Areas of interest
Kidney stone disease - Minimally invasive (Laser) stone surgery; Prostate problems including treatment of prostate symptoms (TURP, Laser); Prostatitis and the early diagnosis of prostate cancer; Transperineal template biopsy of prostate
General urology - Urinary tract infections; incontinence (urine leak); erection problems; Circumcision; Vasectomy.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Elizabeth Whitehead Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Northwick Park, Central Middlesex and Ealing Hospitals
Painful and overactive bladder disorders
Prostate cancer diagnostics
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Bengali - Native or bilingual
• Mukerji G, Yiangou Y, Agarwal SK, Anand P: Heat and capsaicin receptor TRPV1 in painful bladder syndrome and its correlation with pain: Journal of Urology: August 2006; 176(2):797-801.
• Mukerji G, Yiangou Y, Grogono J, Agarwal SK, Khullar V, Anand P: Localization of M2 and M3 muscarinic receptors in human urinary bladder disorders and their clinical correlations: Journal of Urology: July 2006: 176(1): 367-373.
• Mukerji G, Yiangou Y, Agarwal SK, Anand P: Increased Cannabinoid Receptor 1-immunoreactive nerve fibers in overactive and painful bladder disorders and their correlation with symptoms: Urology: June 2010 (6):1514: 15-20
• Mukerji G, Yiangou Y, Corcoran SL, Selmer IS, Smith GD, Benham CD, Bountra C, Agarwal SK, Anand P: Cool and menthol receptor TRPM8 in human urinary bladder disorders: BMC Urology : March 2006 : 6 : 6 : 1-11.
• Mukerji G, Waters J, Chessell IP, Bountra C, Agarwal SK, Anand P. Pain during Ice-water test distinguishes clinical bladder hypersensitivity from overactivity disorders: BMC Urology : December 2006 : 6:31: 1-7
• Mukerji G, Rao AR, Hussein A, Motiwala H: Self Introduction of Foreign Body in the Urethra: Journal of Endourology: February 2004; 18(1) : 123-5.
• Mukerji G, Munasinghe I, Raza A: Clopidogrel and Urological Surgery - a survey of the peri-operative management of urological patients on clopidogrel: Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, May 2009; 91(4):313-20.
• Anand P, Yiangou Y, Anand U, Mukerji G, Sinisi M, Fox M, McQuillan Al. Nociceptin/Orphanin FQ receptor expression in clinical pain disorders and functional effects in cultured neurons. Pain. Apr 2016; 28-36
• Lukacs S, Tschobotko B, Mukerji G, Vale J, Mazaris E: How to improve a urology outpatient service? A prospective survey of patient satisfaction using the modified SWOPS questionnaire: World Journal of Urology; November 2013 24; 2(3): 46-52
• Yiangou Y, Anand U, Birch R, Foster KA, Mukerji G, Akbar A, Agarwal SK, Anand P: Increased levels of SV2A botulinum neurotoxin receptor in clinical sensory disorders & functional effects of botulinum toxins A & E in cultured human sensory neurons: Journal of Pain Research: October 2011 ; 4: 347 - 355
• Mahmalji W, Mukerji G, Abel P, Raza A: The GP Urologist: Fact or fiction: BJU International. 2010 Nov;106(10):1428-30
Reference number 5208149
- Bushey Medical Centre, London Road, Bushey...
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 01923 834211
- Rickmansworth Rd, Northwood HA6 2JW
- 16:30 - 18:00
- 01923 834211
- Sudbury HillHARROWHA1 3RX
- 13:30 - 18:00
- 020 8872 3838
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.