- Fee assured
- Verified this account
As a UK-trained consultant neurosurgeon, I can provide care for patients with neurosurgical and spinal problems. This includes patients with spinal disorders, back pain, sciatica/leg pains, neck pain/arm pain linked to this, brain tumours including pituitary tumours, brain cysts and general neurosurgery problems. i carry out lumbar and cervical discectomy and spine decompression surgery at the spire. I also do commenced medico-legal work and report writing.
Areas of interest
Degenerative disease (wear and tear) in spine; sciatica, back pain; neck pain, arm pain; Brain tumours; skull base tumours; pituitary gland; pituitary tumours; head trauma;
- Hayley Lambert
- Spire Hull & East Riding Hospital Lowfield Road Anlaby Hull HU10 7AZ
- 01482 672441
Current NHS consultant posts held
Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Trust
I am interested in all up to date information for spine surgery and brain disorders.
I am governance lead for the department of neurosurgery at the NHS trust I work at.
I am a keen cricketer, golfer and squash player.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
• Bahl A, Tripathi C, Mcmullan J, Goddard J. Novel use of intrathecal baclofen pump for periodic focal dystonia in a teenager. Neuromodulation. 2012 Sep 25.
• Bahl A, Lawson A, Cohen M et al: Solitary cholesteatoma of the parietal bone. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2012 Oct 4.
• Bahl A, Connolly D, Sinha S et al. Rapid brain shift, remote site hemorrhage, spinal hematoma after craniotomy for large arachnid cyst – Journal of paediatric neurosciences 2012 - In press
• Bahl A, Raghavan A, Sinha S. Blue Rubber Bleb Naevus syndrome and chiari malformation. Accepted for publication by Turkish Neurosurgery 2012
• Bahl A, Murphy M, Thomas N, Gullan R: Management of infratentorial subdural hygroma complicating foramen magnum decompression: a report of three cases. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2011 May; 153(5): 1123-8.
• Bahl A, Murthi J, McMullan J: Laparoscopy for unblocking a ventriculoperitoneal shunt and confirmation with jugular pressure: a gentle reminder. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2011 Apr; 93(3):262.
• Burgan OT, Bahl A, Critcher V, Zaki HS, McMullan PJ, Sinha S: Clear Cell Meningioma of the 4th ventricle: a case report and literature review. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2010;46(6):462-5.
• Muzerengi S, Lewis H, Edwards M, Kipps, E, Bahl A, Martinez-Martin P, Chaudhuri R K Non-motor symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease: an underdiagnosed problem. Aging Health. 2006; 2 (6):967-982.
• Bahl A: Stress Response in Surgery in Avidan M et al: Perioperative Care, Anaesthesia, Pain Management and Intensive care, Churchill Livingstone, London, 2003. (Book chapter)
• Bahl A: Postoperative Cardiovascular Changes in Avidan M et al: Perioperative Care Anaesthesia, Pain Management and Intensive care, Churchill Livingstone. London, 2003 (Book chapter)
Courses offered to GPs
I have provided a free seminar to the GP's talking about spinal disorders, who to refer and why to a neurosurgeon.
- FRCS (SN) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
- MBBS University of London 2002
- Associate Of Kings College (AKC) Kings College London 2002
- Senior Neurosurgical training at Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Melbourne Hospital 2013
Reference number 6057440
Details of entry to specialist register
- Neurosurgery, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Association of Spinal Surgery (BASS)
Member of The Society of British Neurological Surgeons (SBNS)
- Lowfield RoadHULLHU10 7AZ
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01482 659471
- Lowfield RoadHULLHU10 7AZ
- 19:00 - 21:00
- 01482 660256
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary: 01482 672441
Or if post surgery, ring 01482 659471 and ask for the ward.