- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
George is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, specialising in shoulder, elbow and upper limb surgery. He is also also Visiting Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Social Care, Canterbury Christchurch University, Honorary Researcher, School Of Engineering and Digital Arts, University Of Kent and Educational Supervisor for the Stage 3 year 5 King's College London Medical Students
He practices privately at all East Kent Private Hospitals (The Chaucer and Spencer). Also he has clinics at 27 Harley street London. His areas of expertise include arthroscopic management of shoulder and elbow problems and primary, as well as, revision arthoplasty. He has a particular interest in biologic treatments for arthritis and sports injuries and 10 years experience of using platelet rich plasma.
He completed the prestigious Reading Shoulder and Elbow Centre Fellowship and the Shoulder and Knee Sports Fellowship at the large joints unit of the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, International member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and member of the European Shoulder Associates section of the European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery & Arthroscopy.
George has a strong research background and was awarded his PhD from the University of Thessaloniki and has since contributed to several postgraduate PhD and masters projects. He regularly lectures about shoulder and elbow surgery both nationally and on the international stage and is faculty of the Athens Shoulder Course. He is actively involved in clinical research and has published multiple peer-reviewed journals and his work can be found on Google scholar, ORCID and ResearchGate.
Areas of interest
shoulder arthritis; cuff arthropathy; cuff tears; biceps tendon pathology; SLAP tear; shoulder instability; AC joint injury; shoulder trauma; proximal humerus fracture; upper limb fracture; elbow arthritis; elbow instability; cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome; trigger finger; De Quervain's tenosynovitis.
Shoulder and elbow arthroplasty and arthroscopy
- Lisa Aspell
- Spencer Private Hospitals Private Patients Unit Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mothers Hospital Ramsgate Road Margate CT9 4BG
- 01634 553778
- 07370 911511
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Muhammad Ashfaque Not Fee Assured
- Dr Champa Chapman Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, Shoulder & Upper Limb Specialist, East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Tissue engineering, 3D planning and printing, advanced wound care, shoulder and elbow pathologies
Sailing, running, sea sports, painting and visual arts
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
- French - Conversational
- Italian - Basic
During the last 8 years I have 29 participation, 32 posters and e-posters and 60 oral presentations. I have published 42 papers and 29 abstracts and have written 12 chapters in Books.
Courses offered to GPs
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://surgeonprofile.njrcentre.org.uk/SurgeonProfile?gmccode=7258670
Working with health and social care partners for the benefit of all patients is again important for me and I have very good rapport with all staff and firm belief in teamwork. In my 360º Summary of Colleague Feedback for Appraisal and Revalidation I scored very high. As an example:
-“Mr Arealis has a very good bedside manner; works well with and interacts well with the nursing team on the ward. I would be more than happy for any member of my family to receive care from him which is the ultimate accolade I can give him. As the nurse in charge I have always found Dr Arealis very approachable.”
-“Mr Arealis is an Orthopaedic Surgeon with a very strong theoretical background, excellent communication skills, very approachable to his juniors, very supportive, with an excellent professional behaviour and ethos. He is a very promising surgeon, extremely hard-working doctor and very pleasant to work with.”
- Fellowship Royal College of Surgeons 2018
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy Greece, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki 2012
- MD - Doctor of Medicine Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece 1999
- Fellowship United Kingdom, QMC Spine Unit, Nottingham 2013
- Fellowship United Kingdom, Reading Shoulder Unit 2015
- Fellowship United Kingdom, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham 2016
Reference number 7258670
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST - Certificate of Completion of Speciality Training, Prefecture of Athens, Health Sector, Greece, 2009
- General Medical Council, Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery. Fully registered medical practitioner with specialist registration with a license to practice, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- Member of the British Trauma Society
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Hellenic Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeons Society.
- Member of the Foot and Ankle Department of the Hellenic Orthopaedic and Trauma Society.
- International Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
- AO Trauma Europe, member no. 11166
- European Shoulder Associates of the ESSKA
Post treatment communication
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: arealis