- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Specialties and clinical interests:
• General Medicine, Hypertension specialist and specialist in Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics
• Hypertension resistant to treatment
Postural Tacjycardia syndrome
• Hypertension with suspected underlying cause
• Hypertension in patients with medication intolerances
• Postural hypotension and Blood pressure variability
• Hypertension before conception, during pregnancy and after delivery
- Postural tachycardia syndrome, PoTS
- Autonomic dysfuntion
Dr Rull graduated from Barts and the London, QMUL – School of Medicine. She achieved a BSc degree in Physiology with honours and a PhD in Cardiovascular disease. She undertook specialist training in Clinical Pharmacology and General Internal Medicine at both St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal London Hospital.
Dr Rull is a Consultant in Clinical Pharmacology, Therapeutics and General Internal Medicine at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal London Hospital. She specialises in the management of hypertension and runs hypertension services. She is a member of the International Society of Hypertension and the British and Irish Hypertension Society. She also covers Cardiology inpatients and GIM inpatients at the Royal London Hospital.
Dr Rull has experience of Acute Medicine and has been the clinical lead of an Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit. She is currently an active Advanced Life support instructor. She is also a long-standing author for EMIS and Patient UK.
Dr Rull lectures on areas of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics and is actively involved in mentoring and supervising undergraduates and postgraduates.
Areas of interest
• Hypertension resistant to treatment; Hypertension with suspected underlying cause; Hypertension in patients with medication intolerances; Postural hypotension and Blood pressure variability; Hypertension before conception, during pregnancy and after delivery; General medical problems
PoTS, Autonomic dysfunction
Postural tachycardia syndrome
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant clinical Pharmacology and general Internal medicine with special interest in Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction including Postural Tachcardia syndrome
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Hindi - Conversational
- Urdu - Conversational
Reference number 4709138
Details of entry to specialist register
- Gurvinder Rull, 2011
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.