- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, HCPC and UKCP registered with experience of working in short and long-term therapeutic settings since 2006. As well as private practice I presently work with short-term clients in the NHS and major healthcare providers.
Previously I have worked for a bereavement service, providing individual therapy for up to two years. Additionally, I have worked in the NHS with clients who have complex mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, addiction and phobias, as well as facilitating group therapy, carrying out assessments and further referrals.
For my doctorate I researched the experience of losing a sibling in adult life.
I have also trained in Counselling for Depression (CfD) with the University of Nottingham, which is part of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) in the NHS, as recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
I have experience of a wide variety of therapeutic settings, working with loss and bereavement, work-related stress, migration, anxiety, depression and relationship issues. In therapy I will provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space where we can explore the challenges in your life and how you can make the choices that are right for you at this point in your life.
I work mainly in an existential and phenomenological way and also have experience in the other main therapeutic approaches, which means we can find the solutions most appropriate to your present concerns. I will not use pre-established templates or put labels on you in our therapeutic work, instead I will aim to untangle issues, relationships and thoughts you may be struggling with.
I provide therapy in English and in Swedish.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; depression; bereavement; relationship issues; physical health problems; redundancy; separation and divorce; stress; trauma; work-related stress.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
Impact of physical health issues on psychological well-being
DCPsych Professional Doctorate in Existential Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Short course in Human Sexuality
IAPT Counselling for Depression (CfD)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Swedish - Native or bilingual
Courses offered to GPs
If you are a GP please contact me to discuss availability for online talks or to arrange a talk at your surgery.
- Human Sexuality New School of Psychotherapy & Counselling 2013
- DCPsych Professional Doctorate in Existential Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy Middlesex University and New School of Psychotherapy & Counselling 2017
- MSc in Existential Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy Middlesex University and New School of Psychotherapy & Counselling 2007
- BSc (Hons) Psychology The Open University 2004
- Counselling for Depression University of Nottingham 2015
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Psychotherapist UKCP 2013
- Registered Counselling Psychologist Health and Care Professions Council 2017
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist British Psychological Society 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- UKCP, 2013
- BPS DCoP, 2017
- HCPC, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
HCPC Registered no. PYL34719
Chartered Counselling Psychologist no. 143358
Member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) no. 2011163267
Member of the Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA)
Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) - no. 143358
Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP) at the BPS
Member of the Society for Existential Analysis (SEA)