- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
My name is Cheryl Sandford, I am an Accredited member of the BACP, currently studying a Doctorate in Psychological Trauma. I have 8 years one to one counselling experience, working both with long and short term clients.
I facilitate a safe, confidential space that allows a therapeutic relationship to form, and for the client to begin healing.
I am an integrative practitioner using various different counselling modalities, to suit the clients presenting issues.
I am based in Watford, Hertfordshire and have weekday availability.
Areas of interest
Work related stress / injury
Self-esteem / confidence
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
IAPT NHS provider - Counselling for Depression CfD - Watford / St Albans / Luton
Writing, travel and research
Hertfordshire Probation Service 2012 - Little business of the year
Book: Understanding person centred counselling - Christine Brown
Courses offered to GPs
- Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy UEL 2014
- Counselling for Depression University of Nottingham 2016
- Higher professional diploma in counselling & psychotherapy LC&CTA 2012
- EMDR part 1 and 2 EMDR europe 2018
- CBT diploma UWS 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited BACP 2015
- 23 Desmond RoadWatfordWD24 5LH
- 09:00 - 18:30
- 07903 425312
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.