- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 27 Jun 2020
- Breast surgery
Ms Parvanta is a Consultant Surgeon with a specialist practice in Endocrine Surgery and all aspects of Breast surgery. She undertook her undergraduate training at St Bartholomew's Hospital (MB BS) with a first class BSc degree from University College, London. She undertook postgraduate training in Breast and Endocrine Surgery in South-West Thames Region with further specialist Endocrine surgical training at St Bartholomew’s Hospital where she is now the sole Endocrine Surgeon.
Ms Parvanta has 2 areas of surgical expertise:
1) As the Endocrine surgeon at Barts hospital (a busy world-renowned Endocrine centre), Ms Parvanta has one of the busiest and most complex endocrine surgical practices in the UK. She works on a daily basis with some of the country’s leading endocrinologists ensuring seamless medical and surgical care. National endocrine surgical data, including number of procedures and complications, are freely accessible through the BAETS database: www.baets.org.uk/audit.
Ms Parvanta’s endocrine surgical expertise is for adrenalectomies (both laparoscopic and open when required), and the comprehensive management of thyroid and parathyroid disease, with parathyroid surgery including the most complex cases (redo surgery and multiple gland surgery in the context of genetic disease)
2) As the Clinical Lead of Breast Cancer services at Homerton University Hospital, she is experienced in all aspects of benign and malignant breast disease, with additional training in oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery. Within the NHS she is a member of the busy Barts Health MDT, working closely with all the disciplines involved in comprehensive breast care. This practice is mirrored at the London Clinic Breast MDT.
Areas of interest
Thyroid; Thyroid surgery; thyroidectomy; hemithyroidectomy; Thyroid cancer; Thyroid nodule; Thyroid lump; Goitre; Multinodular goitre; Thyroglossal duct cyst; Parathyroid; Primary hyperparathyroidism; parathyroid surgery; parathyroid adenoma; parathyroidectomy; Adrenal; adrenalectomy; Laparoscopic adrenalectomy; Open adrenalectomy; Adrenal nodule; Adrenal tumour; Adrenal Cancer; Conn's Syndrome; Primary Hyperaldosteronism; Phaeochromocytoma; paraganglioma; Breast; Breast cancer; Breast lump; Breast pain; Nipple discharge; Mastectomy; Lumpectomy; Wide-local excision; Breast Reconstruction;
- Laila Parvanta
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Maan Hasan Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Endocrine Surgeon,
London EC1A 7BE
Consultant Breast and Endocrine Surgeon,
London E9 6SR
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.baets.org.uk/audit
- MB BS University of London 1995
- BSc University of London 1992
Reference number 4204097
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.