- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 16 Apr 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Welcome to my profile
Finding the right counsellor you can feel safe and comfortable talking to is a genuine concern for everyone seeking therapy.
I am dedicated to providing a welcoming, highly professional, safe and confidential space to help you feel enabled to talk openly about your problems and difficulties.
When clients share their personal life stories I feel its a genuine privilege and I always place high value on my therapeutic relationships which are based on mutual trust, genuine respect and empathy.
I have a warm friendly approach and will aim to help you feel understood, respected, valued and never judged.
I enjoy working together as a team helping my clients both understand and manage the problems/difficulties they are experiencing. This involves working together collaboratively, finding helpful strategies and coping skills based on each individuals needs to improve mental health and increase feelings of wellbeing.
Counselling can naturally bring to the surface difficult and painful feelings/emotions, this is why I believe feeling safe and supported is essential. I work with clients to maintain the highest level of care, commitment and professionalism at all times.
I have over 17 year’s experience counselling in a wide variety of settings and organisations. These include Private practice, NHS primary care, Employee Assistance Programs, College and University and MIND - the leading mental health charity in England and Wales.
I am a fully Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and registered on the BACP Therapist Register Approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
My Therapy Approach
I practice from an Integrative perspective which means I use my knowledge and experience in ways that combine theoretical theory and skills from Humanistic, Solution Focussed and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I believe no single theoretical approach 'fits all' and each person has unique needs, expectations and preferences of therapy type and style. I work collaboratively with each individual tailoring my approach to suit specific needs. My approach maximises opportunities for clients to manage life problems and difficulties, improve relationships and help them make the positive changes they want in their lives.
I provide counselling throughout Nottinghamshire and my offices are located within easy reach of Mansfield - 2.6 Miles and 0.2 Miles from Mansfield Town Centre. My therapy rooms are comfortable, private and discreet. There is Disabled Access on the lower floor and ample off street parking.
How I deliver therapy
Short-term face-to-face, Long-term face-to-face.
Telephone and online (Zoom/Skype) Counselling,
Home Visits can be provided - (only with a GP referral).
Areas of interest
What I can help with
I have a wealth of experience in working with many difficulties such as Abuse, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Bullying, Cancer, Depression, Disability, Emotional Abuse, Family issues, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Health anxiety, Men's issues, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic disorder, Physical Abuse, Redundancy, Relationships issues, Affairs and Betrayals, Divorce and Separation, Self-harm, Low Self-esteem, Low Self-confidence, Sexual Abuse, Stress, Suicidal Thoughts, Trauma, Women’s issues and Work related stress/issues.
Clients I work with
Adults, Older Adults, Young People, Teenagers, Children (12 years plus)
- CPCAB Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body 2004
- British Psychological Approved Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy The Skills Development Service Ltd (SDS) 2013
- BPS Approved Certificate in Essential Supervision Skills SDS 2014
- BPS Approved Certificate in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy SDS 2015
- BPS Approved Certificate in Positive Therapy SDS 2015
- BPS Approved Certificate in Motivational Interviewing SDS 2015
- BPS Approved Certificate in Resource Based Therapies SDS 2017
- NSCP Safeguarding Children Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board 2004
- Anxiety, Depression and Young People Synergie Counselling, Training and Consultancy 2016
- NSCP Safeguarding Young People Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board 2007
- Young People, Anger, Hatreed and Self-Esteem Tailored Training Services 2017
- BPS Approved Certificate Working with Panic Disorder SDS 2018
- BPS Approved Certificate Trauma: Psychopathology and Treatment SDS 2018
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Self-harm and Suicide PODS 2018
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice PODS 2018
- Child Sexual Abuse - Hope for Healing PODS 2020
- CBT and Counselling with Autism Spectrum Disorder Clients SDS 2019
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP Registered and Accredited Member British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy 2010
Affiliations / memberships
(BACP) British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy