- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Dr Bhavisha Vasta is a Consultant Rheumatologist and the Osteoporosis Lead at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust. She understands how greatly rheumatic conditions can impact on quality of life, and is firmly committed to rapidly reaching a diagnosis and holistic personalised treatment plan.
Dr Vasta offers patients investigation, diagnosis and management of a broad range of musculoskeletal conditions. She performs joint and soft tissue injection therapy and is also skilled in the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound to facilitate diagnosis and monitoring of arthritis.
Dr Vasta completed her pre-clinical studies at Cambridge University, and graduated with distinction in clinical studies from University College London. She undertook her specialist rheumatology training at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Bath, working under some of the foremost authorities in the field. Dr Vasta has previously held a Consultant Rheumatology post in Worcestershire.
Dr Vasta is actively involved in medical student teaching and the supervision of doctors in training. She has also published in peer reviewed rheumatology journals.
Areas of interest
Rheumatoid arthritis; Psoriatic arthritis; Ankylosing spondylitis; Osteoporosis; Metabolic bone disorders; Osteoarthritis; Soft tissue rheumatic disorders; Polymyalgia rheumatica; Gout; Fibromyalgia; Connective tissue disease; Joint and soft tissue injections
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital - Appointments
- St. Andrews Road Droitwich Spa Worcestershire WR9 8DN
- 0808 101 0337
- Nuffield Warwickshire Hospital- Appointments
- 01926 436332
- Sonia Bettles- PA to Dr Vasta
- 01926 865901
- Spire South Bank Hospital, Worcester - Appointment
- 01905 362211
- The Stratford Clinic- Appointments
- 01789 412994
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Rheumatologist & Osteoporosis Lead at South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust (Stratford and Warwick Hospitals)
Early Inflammatory Arthritis
- Master of Arts with Honours in Medical Sciences University of Cambridge 2002
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Distinction) University College London 2005
- Membership of the Royal College of Physician Royal College of Physicians 2010
- PGC Medical Education Univeristy of Bristol 2013
- PGC Medical Leadership & Management Keele University 2014
Reference number 6129925
Affiliations / memberships
British Society for Rheumatology
National Osteoporosis Society
Royal College of Physicians
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.