- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 17 Jul 2020
I am working as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Princess of Wales Hospital and Neath Port Talbot Hospital.
I first qualified in India and completed my Trauma and orthopaedic Training (4 years) obtaining Master of Surgery (M.S) in 1995. I practiced in India for 5 years as a consultant in private medical field before coming to United Kingdom in 2001.
I Completed my Basic Surgical Training in U.K and obtained MRSCEd in 2004.
I joined as a staff grade surgeon in Trauma and Orthopaedics In Princess of Wales Hospital (POWH) in 2005. I progressed to become an Associate Specialist in 2008 and completed my Fellowship in Trauma and orthopaedics in 2011 obtaining FRCSEd (Tr. and Ortho).
I worked as a locum Consultant Orthoapedic Surgeon in POWH for almost 5 years before being appointed on a Substantive post.
My special interests are:
1. Primary Hip and Knee arthroplasty (Replacement)
2. Complex Upper limb (including Shoulder/Elbow/wrist and hand) trauma.
3. Some elective Upper limb surgery like Carpal tunnel decompression, Trigger finger release, Trapeziectomy, Dupuytren contracture excision, Cubital tunnel decompression, Ganglion excision etc.
I am hard working, very conscientious and honest Surgeon and look after all my patient to my best abilities.
Areas of interest
Primary Hip and knee replacement,
Upper limb trauma and some Upper limb elective surgery like
Carpal tunnel decompression
Cubital tunnel decompression
Tennis elbow release
Trigger finger release
Dupuytren contracture excision
Finger cyst excision
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Princess of Wales Hospital
Neath Port Talbot Hospital
ABM University health Board
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
- Hindi - Fluent
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://surgeonprofile.njrcentre.org.uk
- FRCSEd (Trauma and Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2011
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- Master of Surgery (M.S) (Trauma and Orthopaedics) M S University, Baroda Medical College, India 1995
- MBBS M S University, Baroda Medical College, India 1991
Reference number 5205951
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialist Register Trauma and orthopaedics GMC 2016
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
British Medical Association: (BMA)
British Orthopaedic Association. (BOA)
British Elbow and shoulder Society (BESS)
British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (BAPIO)
Orthopaedic Trauma Society (OTS)
- Coity RoadBRIDGENDCF31 1RQ
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01656 754322
- Nuffield Vale hospital
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 029 2083 6763
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr Jaydeep Shah
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: shahjaydeep