- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Gait analysis
Graduating in 2013 with a 1st class honours degree in Podiatry from Queen Margaret University, Robert has gone on to practice at specialist level in the NHS and private practice, both in the UK and Canada before returning to his home town of Kelso to launch Tweed Podiatry in early 2018. He has held prestigious roles as sports podiatrist for The University of Edinburgh’s sports medicine centre (FASIC), working with everyone from novice sports people to Olympic athletes. He has lectured in Podiatry and Sports Medicine at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh and National University of Ireland, Galway.
He also holds a masters degree in Podiatric Surgery and a post-graduate certificate in medical ultrasound, becoming the first Podiatrist in the Scottish Border’s history to gain this qualification and offer in-house diagnostic imaging. He has a special interest in complex musculoskeletal (MSK) & running-related injuries, and foot and ankle injection therapies.
Areas of interest
Diagnostic Ultrasound;Orthotics;Biomechanics;Nail Surgery;Sports Injuries;Musculoskeletal Injuries;Gait Analysis;Sports Rehabilitation
Lower limb musculoskeletal/sports injuries, foot and ankle diagnostic ultrasound, exercise-induced fatigue.
Running, reading, cooking.
2013 QMU Graduation Winner - The Algeos Award for Clinical Audit
2013 1st Class Honours Degree: Podiatry
2017 Masters Degree: Theory of Podiatric Surgery
2018 Regional Winner at The Scottish Business Awards (Category: The Consumers' Award)
2019 Winner of The Best Health & Wellbeing Business in the Scottish Borders
2020 Podiatrist of the Year (Scottish Borders) - GHP Healthcare and Pharma awards.
Courses offered to GPs
- Musculoskeletal Assessment of the Foot & Ankle
- Exercise Prescription for the Foot & Ankle
- Common Foot & Ankle Disorders
- Foot Orthoses: Assessment & Prescription
- Introduction to Foot & Ankle Sonography
- The Amazing Human Foot (and it's common ailments)
- Running Injuries 101
All talks available at our practice or your preferred location by request.
- PGCert. Medical Ultrasound with Distinction Glasgow Caledonian University 2021
- MSc Theory of Podiatric Surgery Queen Margaret University 2017
- BSc (Hons) Podiatry, 1st Class Queen Margaret University 2013
- Foot and Ankle Steroid Injection Training St James Hospital, Livingstone 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Health and Care Professions Council, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- Health and Care Professions Council
- The College of Podiatry
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Robert McCririck, Practice Owner
Phone: 01573 228 098