- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Mr Rahman is a consultant plastic surgeon at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and at the BMI Albyn Hospital. He is also the medical director of the Aberdeen Skn Clinic and is an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Aberdeen.
He graduated from the University of Aberdeen in 1999 and is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, having gained the FRCS (Plast). He is on the GMC specialist register in Plastic Surgery and is a member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
He specialises in facial,head and neck surgery, abdominal wall recontruction, lower limb reconstruction and skin and sarcoma soft tissue reconstruction. He is also highly trained in the use of medical lasers, non-surgical aesthetic treatments and in the use of Earfolds for Pinnaplasty.
Mr Rahman’s training has been undertaken primarily in major institutions in Newcastle and London. This included fellowship training both at Imperial College Hospitals and Aesthetic Training at The London Clinic on Harley Street.
Prior to coming to Aberdeen he was a consultant plastic surgeon in Newcaslte upon Tyne.
Areas of interest
Skin cancer; facial reconstruction; soft tissue limb reconstruction; abdominal wall reconstruction; body contouring surgery (tummy tuck, liposuction); post-bariatric surgery reconstruction, facial aesthetics (cosmetic surgery, botox, fillers); breast surgery (lifting, augmentation, reduction surgery): non-surgical; earfold
- GP Referals
- Albyn Hospital 21-24 Albyn Place Aberdeen AB10 1RW
- 01224 577400
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Luna S Knox Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mr Rahman is a consultant plastic surgeon in NHS Grampian working at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and the Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital. He also undertakes a regular clinic at Kincardine Community Hospital.
He is also an honorary senior clinical lecturer in the Schoool of Medicine for the University of Aberdeen.
Burns and trauma care and reconstruction
Rugby, Snowboarding, Music, Photography, IT / Innovations
MSc Surgical Science
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Bengali - Conversational
- French - Basic
I have witten 2 book chapters in the Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery. and have published in over 20 international peer review journals in several areas of plastic surgery.
Courses offered to GPs
- MB ChB University of Aberdeen 1999
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2003
- FRCS (Plast) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2012
- MSc Surgical Science UCL, University of London 2005
- Fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery The London Clinic, Harley Street, London 2014
- Fellowship in Limb Recosntruction & Major Trauma St Mary's Hospital, Imperial College Hospitals, London 2015
- BTEC Laser and Light Treatments Mapperley Park, Nottingham 2018
Reference number 4624127
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BPARAS Scottish Committee BAPRAS 2019
- Speciality Advisory Committee on Core Surgical Training NHS Education for Scotland 2017
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer Univeristy of Aberdeen 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of RCS (Edinburgh)
Sir Charles Bell Society for Facial Palsy
- 21-24 Albyn PlaceABERDEENAB10 1RW
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01224 577453
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Albyn Hospital - 01224595993